The royal wedding of Diana's son and kate

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by naakte, Apr 28, 2011.

1. naakte

naakte Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Branson, missouri
    in a few hours they will be married. I wont make it awake at that hour, so i set my DVR. Because I am American, and denounced absolute monarchy's when our nation began, I have never thought a lot of royalty. However I adored Diana and felt her to be an extraordinary human being. I will not forget when she died and her sons followed her casket at her funeral. I cried. I have kept up with her sons doings over the years and was so happy to see William had chosen Kate middleton. I believe Diana would have approved. I am so happy William is making it important to keep his Mother in the wedding process.

In England they have a prime minister, Parliment We have a president, congress, senate
    In England they have a royal family who has a little say to what happens in their country
    In America every citizen is "royal" and has a little say to what happens in our country

I wish Diana's son and Kate marriage to be filled with happiness, May the older royals stay out of the marriage this time, and the story seekers leave them alone to enjoy their new marriage in private.

Donna in Branson

2. greeneggsandham

greeneggsandham Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Putnam,CT
    It was a beautiful ceremony. I get up at 5 am anyways so I was able to watch most of it while getting ready for work. Wish them both a happy long marriage.

3. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    I wish them the best, it was a beautifully traditional royal ceremony

4. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    The most impressive thing about the wedding, I thought, was that the 'man is above the woman' stuff was all very quietly and without any production, removed.

I think many of the British people absolutely love their royal family. I think it is good for a country to have such a family to enjoy and to look to. Many of the people who were interviewed in the crowd, acted very relaxed about the possibility that if anyone was absent, Kate, Will or the Queen or Phillip, that they could step in and fill in. I thought that was really amazing, that people felt that they were a very natural and assumed part of this and the royal family.

I think during the various divorces and scandals, British people who talked about it, sounded far more like they were talking about a brother in law or a cousin or sister, not some far distant family.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  5. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    I Watched on yahoo's live stream. she was breathtakingly beautiful!!! and him handsom!!!
    congrats to both of them!! [​IMG]

6. whiteflare

whiteflare Out of the blue

Mar 13, 2011
    Sydney
    I think it's nice that people are giving them a couple of years' of privacy to go away and lead their own lives without camera on them...
    I didn't watch the ceremony, but I have no doubt that it was a grand affair.

7. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    I watched the wedding of Princess Diane to Charles and we all know how that worked out I feel the Charles did not deserve Diana she was the most giving loving person and died because the news and camera's would not leave her alone. I worry for this young couple and the same problems following them. I did not even care to see this one don't really care about the Royal family. JIMO.

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Seen the clip and she was lovely and Prince William was handsome. Why does he have to go bald??!!

I've seen Prince Charles and Di wedding, remembering it very well! I didn't care about the dress, too pompous to my taste. Now with Kate with some of Princess Grace's outlines, it is indeed a smashing look and very elegant!

9. country lady

country lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Tennessee
    I'm not an Anglophile, but I thought this wedding was very elegant and classy, as are William and Kate. I watched some pre-wedding TV and Diana was treated shabbily by the royal family, who were evidently in a panic for an heir to the throne. Diana, as a naive 19 year old, became a strong survivor of this cold, royal family. She died as a warm, sophisticated young woman. IMO, Charles and Camilla are losers.

Edited to add: I love those hats that the English women wear. Some of them are wild!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  10. sjmarshall87

sjmarshall87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Carthage
    I didnt watch everything today because Frankly I got so sick of hearing about this wedding.. I would much rather have been able to turn on the news and watch about everything OUR country is going through. I did however tune in long enough to see Kates dress. After all the talking about what she may or may not be wearing I had to see for myself.. She was VERY BEAUTIFUL..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by