The rude pet store lady emailed me back, I could not believe my eyes!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Picklestix7866, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Picklestix7866

Picklestix7866 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    Thawing Minnesota
    Basically I sent an email explaining that I was treated very rudely when I entered her store, and that just because I am a teenager does not mean that I should be treated like a juvenile delinquint. I tried to do this as politely as possible. I recieved an email back this morning basically saying that its his business and he can run it the way he wants, and saying that he is in debt as it is and that he will be in the same boat with or without my business. It also said, and I quote

"You seem very juvenile and immature and I'm sure I will be in the same situation without your business so bottom line is that all you are telling me is that by losing your business I am just getting rid of one more headache. And I will definately talk to my employee and tell her to keep up the good work. And just for some clarity I am writing this email to aknowledge your complaint as we aknowledge everyone that has a question or complaint. I do not expect a response and will not read one if recieved. I think this is just a situation of someone getting angry because they got knocked off of there high horse. This is my business and I will run it as I feel necessary. All I can do is hope you stick by your word and will not be returning. "

Am I supposed to feel bad for him because he is losing his business? Maybe if he treated people better he would not be in this situation. Jeez.

I'm just so frustrated! Should I have even brought it up? I'm not the only one who has had a problem.[​IMG]

2. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    that is just crazy!!!!!

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    MN
    Oh my gosh, that is so rude! The email you sent them was very polite too, sounds like your definitely the bigger person in the situation, I would tell people about this so they don't have to expirience the same thing, if they are going to be so rude maybe its best if they loose the business.

4. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    well, how about that......... wierd

I hope you have another place to go buy your supplies, it doesn't sound to me like he will be in business over the long haul. I would share this with your parents and friends and their parents and so on, a few more people not coming to his store will give him some more headache relief.

5. FrChuckW

FrChuckW Father to all, Dad to none

Sep 7, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    Don't sweat it. If his customer service skills are that poor, he won't be in business long. The best thing you can do is if asked for a recommendation is not give one. Don't embellish it, just say that you were treated badly there and will not do business with them again.

6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I wouldn't give him another dime of my hard earned money. I'm sure another pet store would be happy to have your business.

7. Buster

Buster Back to Work

If I were you I'd tell everyone you know about what happened and the owner's response. He obviously doesn't want or need anyone's money. He can never undo the damage he's done with a reply like that. Tell EVERYONE. It will hit him where it hurts and leave his store with a lot less customers. I worked in retail for years. There isn't much that can counter negative reviews on customer service and he doesn't deserve the business he gets.

8. CountryMom

CountryMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    With evidence like that I would be contacting the Better Business Bureal, the local newspaper, and the local TV station. There is always someone in the news world that would be interested in taking on a story such as yours. Just my thoughts. The owner of the business doesn't know the meaning of "customer first."

9. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    Quote:Great Idea! It is too bad when customer service becomes a thing of the past

I would also write a letter to the editor in the local paper, just forward your email and the reply to the paper.

10. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'd forward both emails to your local newspaper. When I was a senior in high school a friend of mine and I stopped at a local Circle K to get some snacks. We were standing in the aisle looking at the chips when the clerk came around the counter and started yelling at us to leave that we were taking too long and he knew we were stealing from him and that if we didn't leave right away he'd call the police! So I kept right on looking at the chips and told him to call the police. He did!
    They showed up and I told them what had happened very politely, that we hadn't done anything wrong, we always went in for snacks in the mornings and he had been very rude to us. One officer was on our side, the other started saying he could see why the clerk didn't want kids in the store, they were thieves etc.... I had used the payphone, (no cell phones in 1980!) to call my grandparents and they came pretty quickly to see what was happening. They asked to see the security tapes (real tapes back then!) because the clerk was telling how we'd been walking around stealing anything we could get our hands on. The officers went in the office, watched the tapes of us standing carefully back from the display until we found what we wanted, not picking up anything, or doing anything suspicious. The officers made the clerk apologize to us, and then told him he'd be in a lot of trouble if he EVER called in a false report again.
    Stand up for yourself!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by