The run has been started - but it's going to look like a aviary!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by jophoto, May 11, 2009.

1. jophoto

jophoto Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2009
    White Hall, MD
    lol!

We started it... it's squared up on the front side but the back side will slope down.

DH felt like we should keep it level across - with the slope on the ground, it came to like 8 feet high on the one side... sheesh! I'm thinking about installing some roosts in there and see if they get some use out of them.

It will probably take another week to finish - have to bury part of the wired fencing stuff when we put it up, and cover the top, etc. etc. but it's a start! [​IMG]

And there isn't enough cross ventilation in the new coop, so I will be installing another window on the left side.

[​IMG]

I just moved them in on Friday, figured they will get at least a week in the coop before the run is finished...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  2. gaduke

gaduke Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    S.W. Kentucky
    Looks Great![​IMG]

3. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    It looks awesome. How many birds are in there? Are you entering it in the contest?

4. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    I love it! Love how the chicks want to come to you! Neat!

5. jophoto

Mar 31, 2009
    White Hall, MD
    thanks guys [​IMG]

I don't think I can enter it into the contest - I didn't make the coop [​IMG]

There are 10 birds in there right now. We will end up in total, no more than 14.

6. flopshot

flopshot Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    he's right about building it level. only fences should follow the terrain. looks good !! great looking pointer too.

7. jophoto

Mar 31, 2009
    White Hall, MD
    Thanks! We actually stood there arguing yesterday over whether it should be level or follow the terrain. I was wrong, he was right... [​IMG] but I apologized when I realized he was totally right... [​IMG]

Thanks about our pointer - she's a nut... I was surprised that she isn't the one that wants to eat the chickens right now - my choc. lab wants them in a bad way.

We are redoing our invisible fence around the coop so the dogs can't pester them all day...

8. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Great Coop!!! Looks like a very nice size run going on as well............Spoiled Chickens!!! [​IMG]

9. jophoto

Mar 31, 2009
    White Hall, MD
    Quote:I thought it was too small! See, I don't know anything about what we are doing! LOL! It's 16x20.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by