The sad story I will never forget

Chicken Charlotte

Out of the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
QLD
Hello every body
I am new to Backyard chickens!!
If you herd of ginnyfoul galour she is my next door naghbour!
I have hatched chickens before and have 6 of them I also have Horses, Cows, Dogs and a cat because we live on a 11 acre farm:thumbsup
I love my chickens and I have have hatched one from an egg but it was a rooster and my mother and father dont want a rooster so they said I had to give it to a poltry farmer my eyes were wartering in the car as I held him but I just had to let it go but I will never forget him:bo:cd but I have also raised 4 girls that I got from the poltry farmer that I gave my rooster to. I would like some addvise on how to keep your chickens in your propety and a easy way because it would to hard to put a fence up:idunno what to do.

Thank you for the replys.
I have since gotten two new girls, their names are penelopy and prudence. I am finding it hard to tame them though.
All the chickens still go over to the neighbours and I don't have time to stay outside all day to keep calling them home. We have only been getting four eggs a day from our six hens. The new two are about seven months old so they should be laying soon.
And yes it was very sad when I had to give away my rooster espusuly when my friend told me that the person I gave was a chicken farmer that eats most of the roosters they get, telling the kids they will take them to a banana farm. grrrrrrrrrr
Take them to a banana farm thats CRAZY

welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom