The saddest article you will ever read

Not that sad - full of a lot of subjective comments - more than half the article applies to chicks the average member here buys as day olds.
But the rest of the article! The battery hens never get to feel the ground and some of them are grounded up alive! Not to mention they never get to see sunlight, eat any treats, or even just enjoy life!

That is quite sad. That's why I like to support smaller farms that take good care of their poultry. I always research the brand I'm getting my meat and eggs from. I would want the chickens (or any farm animal for that matter) to have a healthy life, otherwise, the food I'm eating isn't good which makes me unhealthy. I've always loved animals and it's hard when I can't do anything about mistreatment. The best thing to do is spread awareness and put info on proper care of animals out there. I'm starting a blog about care for all sorts of animals soon (dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters, ferrets, ducks, chickens, goats, frogs, snakes, lizards ect.)

That is quite sad. That's why I like to support smaller farms that take good care of their poultry. I always research the brand I'm getting my meat and eggs from. I would want the chickens (or any farm animal for that matter) to have a healthy life, otherwise, the food I'm eating isn't good which makes me unhealthy. I've always loved animals and it's hard when I can't do anything about mistreatment. The best thing to do is spread awareness and put info on proper care of animals out there. I'm starting a blog about care for all sorts of animals soon (dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters, ferrets, ducks, chickens, goats, frogs, snakes, lizards ect.)
:frow That's me, and little farm!

My grandfather told me about how evil the factory chicken industry is, well as much as he thought a nine year old kid could take. He had a full acre for his chickens, and they roamed freely during the day. (The presence of foxes, feral domestic cats, and such meant they had to be cooped at night, although he really didn't like to do it, since he couldn't afford a big enough house.) He mainly raised them for eggs. My mom said that when she was little he raised meat chickens too, and he taught her how to kill and prep a chicken, something she was too tenderhearted to tolerate.

I remember a couple years ago when a single egg producer recalled a HALF BILLION eggs! 500,000,000!!!! Factory animal production is a runaway train at this point, as the only way 8 billion hungry humans can be fed (and even then 1/4 regularly go hungry) is by the Taylorizing of the animal world, treating animals as machines. This of course leads to greater numbers of humans needing food, which can only be met through further cruelty. And even then any slight hiccup in the system results in empty shelves and panicked buyers. Eventually the need for food will permanently outstrip the ability to churn out meat and eggs.

Back
Top Bottom