The Second Egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Miss Sue, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Miss Sue

Miss Sue Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2007
    Connecticut
    Fuzzy the Blue Orpington hen laid her second egg today, right in the nest! (The first was in the mud in her run. It must have caught her by surprise. Oops! What's this? An egg?)

Anyway, I snapped this pic in which she seems to be pondering a thought-provoking question, like Who put this here?

Susan

[​IMG]

2. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Cute! What a beautiful girl she is!

It always cracks me up that after they lay an egg, they sit there looking thoughtful.. pondering the meaning of life? LOL

Meghan

3. Miss Sue

Jul 19, 2007
    Connecticut
    Aw, shucks, thank you, Meghan. Fuzzy is such a character. We're pretty new to chicken-raising, and just love it. Like a first-born child, Fuzzy is well-photographed!

You're so right: every once and a while Fuzzy, too, gets that "What's the meaning of life?" expression.

Susan

4. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    Beautiful!!! Now that is what it is all about right?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] How CUTE!!!

6. Miss Sue

Jul 19, 2007
    Connecticut
    Thanks, y'all! You can see that I have a great time taking pictures of the chickens. We have two hens right now--the Blue Orp. and a White-Crested Black Polish. When it warms up a little, we want to get a couple of chicks.

Susan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by