The secret of happiness:

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Oblio13, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Oblio13

Oblio13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I have done the research.

I can look back across the decades now and the answer is finally clear to me. I've traveled to the remote corners of the earth and endured danger, hunger, weariness and cold. I have sought out wizened elders, sat at their feet, and listened to the wisdom of the ages. I have studied the great philosophers and quietly waited for enlightenment in the loneliest of places.

Now, after a lifetime of seeking, as the shadows begin to lengthen, the answer finally came to me like a blinding flash of light during this weekend's camping trip. I will share it with my BYC brothers and sisters:

Hot water.

Tea in the morning and a shower at night.

2. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Yes, hot water is nice, but don't forget paper towels, now those are pretty handy too, one of my favorite things. [​IMG]

3. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Stacy

4. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* You betcha!! When we were out of electric after the hurricanes and the tap was untouchable and before I figured out to use the water from the garden hose laying in the sun-- a HOT bath was what I missed most of all!!!!! I figured out that 9 days is about my limit. (Yeah, yeah-- I'm a . . . how do you spell "wouse" anyway??)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  5. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Hot water, out house, PAPER (TP atleast), Fire.
    You can boil water 5 min to make safe, hey, I need a pan!
    If you can't have an outhouse, gimme TP, and a fire (in a pit, controlled burn).
    But yes, god bless those with hot water and a tea bag!

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Or some hot chocolate mix...

I once lived for a year at college in a dorm without a bathtub. By the end of the school year, I was a rabid maniac because I love bathing so much. Whenever I visited my parents for a weekend (which was rare -- I worked a lot), I would lock myself in the bathroom for an hourlong soak in the bath. Never, ever again will I deprive myself so thoroughly! Hee hee.

7. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Precisely.

I said this same thing years ago. All good stems from this one simple truth.

8. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* I'm with you, Chicken Lady. And, what is it with men??? My DH and my DS'S almost had to be forced into a hot tub at gunpoint for things like muscle strains and aching backs. . . . But, once you actually got them in-- it was like chipping away at concrete with a butterknife to get them back out!!!![​IMG]

9. curliet

curliet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    west Michigan
    Sorry that this is OT, but just have to ask...Oblio, did you get your name from "The Point"? Harry Nillson did this back in the mid to late '70s and has always been a favorite for my kids and grandkids.

10. tataharris

tataharris Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2007
    Calvin, Oklahoma
    Quote:I must agree wholeheartedly..... I have been without hot water in my house for a week.... We had a gas leak under our house. I got my new hot water heater in last night.... Hallelujah!!!!
    Bad news: Now I have no excuse for not doing dishes..... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by