1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The sell or not to sell?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by hcammack, Jan 23, 2009.

1. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    My coop is getting I tiny bit crowded and I want to focus on unusually egg colors. I have two Delaware I might want to sell as they are just plain brown egg layers. They are starting to lay coming out of a molt. I am also thinking of selling one cuckoo Marans hen who does not have the egg color I am looking for. This would bring me down to 5 hens and 3 pullets and a cockeral and I am adding four pullets this coming weekend the sale would be to make room for these girls. What do you guys think? I am just not sure I have had these girls for a while but I am not totally in love and could use the space?

Henry

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I can symphathize with you Henry. I'm trying to decide who is going to the auction next week. There's a few it's not a hard decision, but others I'd really like to keep, but know I shouldn't.

3. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I have a heck of a time letting mine go but eventually it gets easier. I would say if your not that attatched to them and the new ones are more important to you i'd sell [​IMG]

4. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Ya I am just going ahead and posting an add this afternoon

5. nsmcoles

nsmcoles New Egg

Jan 22, 2009
    SW Missouri
    Where do you post or place an ad when selling? We are in the process of building our first coop and are looking for layers that are not chicks. DH does not want to care for the babies.

6. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    In the Buy Sell Trade section of this site is a good place to post for wanted adds craigslist is also a good place to check also.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by