The Serama eggs are here......

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Guinea Goonie, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Well another spring and another attempt at hatching out a few seramas. Last year we got three out of 14.

This year we tried a different supplier with a lot more birds. We got 14 again and the bator is warmin' up and the eggs resting on the table.

I hate it that I could not get the money together for a better bator, but maybe next year.

I ordered day old chicks and they are comming the 26. One can not get decent serama chicks, no one sells them. I am getting rare breeds this year for my day olds.

I ordered my chicks vaccinated for Marek's. The feed store said I was the FIRST one in 40 years to get chicks vaccinated. It cost me 15 cents a chick !!

2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

I found it easier and cheaper to get Seramas that were already started. I tried having Serama eggs shipped in and had only one hatch out of a couple dozen. With the money I wasted on eggs, I could have bought, three trios.

3. chickedydoodaa

chickedydoodaa Taking a break

Feb 8, 2009
    Philadelphia PA
    I got 31 eggs recently and only 5 are developing well on day 15! only 5!!!!

I have some more ordered from different places, if they do not do well I am going to just buy some breeding pairs/trios and try the eggs from those.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by