1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

The Silkie Guessing Game!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by TeePants, Sep 11, 2011.

1. TeePants

TeePants Chirping

Aug 11, 2011
    [​IMG] Have fun with these two, they're 4 weeks old.

The buff -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The splash -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    boy girl

3. TeePants

TeePants Chirping

Aug 11, 2011
    Oh really? The lady I got them from had guessed the buff to be a pullet! I guess we'll see, I'm keeping him anyway.

4. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Songster

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    Wait 4 more weeks and check back in with new pics. Way too early to sex a Silkie.

5. TeePants

TeePants Chirping

Aug 11, 2011
    That's what I figured, I just wanted to see what people would say now, and then update the pics from time to time. The buff so far is the much more confident/docile of the two, whereas the splash is extremely vocal/personable.

I didn't know that silkies could...well...achieve lift. XD They were all over my furniture for a while there, because they decided they wanted to be held. >_> I've never had birds this friendly!

6. wilobrookfarms

wilobrookfarms Chirping

Jul 23, 2011
    I have a question? Is the first chick a very smutty buff? Or a buff partridge? The reason I ask, is I have two the same, and I was told they were buff partridge? Thanks!

7. NYRIR

NYRIR Songster

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Quote:x 2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by