The Silkies & Showgirls in sweaters. Don't make the roo where red...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Shared Acres, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    About two weeks ago it got down in the 30s here and some of the chickens seemed cold. I always worry about the Showgirls with all that bare skin. So I took some bear sweaters I had gotten at AC Moore half off and took the sleeves off of them.The sleeves actually worked well for a neck warmer/scarf type thing.

[​IMG]
    I started off with Helmet, the big rooster in the red sweater. Just a note, red sweaters on ROOSTERS, is not a good idea. The rest of the boys apparently saw this as a sign of weakness and all hell broke loose. Everyone decided to question his manhood and so I changed him to a green sweater and all was good again. (No, I'm not joking!)
    [​IMG]

So the red sweater went to Mrs. Chicken Nugget (who is molting and looking kind of bare on top.
    [​IMG]

Porkchop and Helmet
    [​IMG]

Helmet in the bottom left and some of the others running and getting cornered HOPING they aren't next for the sweaters!
    [​IMG]

2. silkiechick05

silkiechick05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    North Texas
    LOL

[​IMG]

3. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    This....made me laugh. I love this thread! MOAR PICS!

4. Flippacase

Flippacase Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2009
    Massachusetts
    you should make a post of how to make both attractive and erm... just attractive sweaters![​IMG]

5. Shared Acres

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    LOL, thanks!

In case you missed this on the other thread, these are from last year:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    These pictures are made of Awesome. i love chickens dressed up in clothes! Thanks, made my night!

7. Shared Acres

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Glad to hear it made your night!

8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Glad I'm not the only one around here that Silkies wear clothes... hehe [​IMG]

9. suburbanchx

suburbanchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2009
    Does anyone here make their own silkie sweaters? by the way, i LIKE IT!!!!!!![​IMG]

10. Shared Acres

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    Thanks. I made mine out of teddy bear sweaters (Try JOanns or AC MOore) and then took off the sleeves. You'll have to sew the opening around the rim just to keep it from unraveling. BUt you can use the sleeves for necks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by