The sky is falling!!!! Ike on the way

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by orchidchick, Sep 5, 2008.

1. orchidchick

orchidchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    south florida
    Here comes Ike! Yikes!!!!

[​IMG]

Not looking forward to dealing with this mess. I am thankful I stuck to my resolve to only stick to the three hens that I could load into the small coop and move over to the ranch where I work. Last count as of last nite, we'll have about 50 horses on site if Ike's path holds true. Very lucky to have generator, a local vet bringing some of her horses in, plenty of food, and a fairly new concrete block barn that was built after Andrew and up to commercial county code. So keep your fingers crossed.....................

Orchidchick

2. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Stay safe! You're in our prayers here!

3. orchidchick

orchidchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    south florida
    thanks! Looks like you guys on the east coast will all have a taste of Hanna in the next few days. She has overstayed her visit in the islands by several days and just left our area this morning, the whole day was pouring rain down here, something we didn't need right after Fay and before Ike.

It is such a break to come to BYC after mindlessly looking at the weather blogs and following the "Ike" info that changes constantly, sometimes looking a little better, sometimes not so much.

Orchidchick

4. Bawkadoodledoo

Bawkadoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    Central MA
    I think i will bring our bantams into the basement and move the BRs and meats into the big girl big boy pen for the storm... I dont think miss Quaily will like being in a cage in a basement!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by