The "Smart Chicken Coop" (Prefab coop)

Shakerflock

In the Brooder
Mar 19, 2015
All: Our family of 4 is thinking of expanding into the world of backyard chicken raising. Due to a number of factors, I think finding a decently made prefab coop may be the best way for us to begin our foray into this new world. I have been reading a ton of posts on this site (thank you to you all!) and I know that finding a well made, relatively inexpensive prefab coop is analogous to finding the holy grail.

All that being said, my wife found a coop (and runs/accessories) on Pinterest that may work for us. I have searched this site and have not been able to find any reviews or comments on it but wondered if there may be anyone out there who has used/seen/reviewed this coop. The coop is called The Smart Coop and all the information can be found at "www.thesmartchickencoop.com".

Thanks in advance for your perspective and advice. You guys are awesome and I am so glad this community exists.

Hi,
Did you get The Smart Coop? If yes, are you happy with it, if no, what did you get and can you recommend?

Thanks.

All: Our family of 4 is thinking of expanding into the world of backyard chicken raising. Due to a number of factors, I think finding a decently made prefab coop may be the best way for us to begin our foray into this new world. I have been reading a ton of posts on this site (thank you to you all!) and I know that finding a well made, relatively inexpensive prefab coop is analogous to finding the holy grail.

All that being said, my wife found a coop (and runs/accessories) on Pinterest that may work for us. I have searched this site and have not been able to find any reviews or comments on it but wondered if there may be anyone out there who has used/seen/reviewed this coop. The coop is called The Smart Coop and all the information can be found at "www.thesmartchickencoop.com".

Thanks in advance for your perspective and advice. You guys are awesome and I am so glad this community exists.

What kind of chicken coop did you get?
What kind of waterer and feeder would you recommend?
Thanks.

As soon as I read the poop falls threw I was suspicious... birds feet are not ment to walk in all the wire.. not good at all .

Other then that , do you have winter ? It’s not going to be a winter coop unless you make many adjustments ..

I can imagine the price tag ,
I’d rather buy a shed package from a lumber yard, put in a few windows ,add a roost and nesting boxes , buy a waterer ( they last forever ), and a feeder...

They advertise that you only add food and water once a week? No good chicken owner only does maintenance once a week

Good luck and have fun

Hi,
Did you get The Smart Coop? If yes, are you happy with it, if no, what did you get and can you recommend?

Thanks.

Our neighbor has had a Smart Chicken Coop for years and loves it. There are some confusions about the design. The hens aren't walking on the wire because you can either backfill the base or line the perimeter with pavers to keep the digging predators out. Then the girls walk on the dirt. That is what our neighbor does. Our smart coop comes next week. We got the DIY kit to save money and to paint it to match our house. We are building our own run based on this link:

https://thesmartchickencoop.com/bui...pensive-chicken-run/?v=7516fd43adaa#more-3991

Back
Top Bottom