The snake,the dryer vent and the drama queen

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by zazouse, Jun 30, 2011.

1. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Last month my DH put in a new washer and dryer in my daughters home but the vent was a bit smaller than the one that had been in place which left a small gap around it, i told her to pick up a can of spray foam when she was in town and i would seal it up for her after asking her a couple times if she had gotten it i figured once a mouse showed up in her house she would get the hint and pick some up.

Well right about dark she came over screaming there was a snake in her kitchen and it went under the stove .
    I got over there and could see it's little tail and asked for a flash lite as i was not pulling the stove out and grabbing it till i see what kind it was, i turned around and she was standing on a chair telling me she did not have a flash lite , so she called her dad and he brought his over.

It was just a little juvenile rat snake so i had her dad pull out the stove and i grabbed the big killer [​IMG] and took it over to my place across the easement and turned it loose i went back and washed the musk off my arm and she was gone didn't know what was up except she said before i left with the killer that she had been having dreams about snakes in the house and perhaps she went to grandmas house to sleep.
    Well she soon returned with 5 cans of spray foam to fix the gap around the dryer vent [​IMG] only need one can [​IMG]

Bet she will listen to mom from now on [​IMG] i told her i was sorry for laughing so hard at her but could not help myself after all she was raised in here and there have always been snakes here and i just could not see what all the fuss was about especially since the momma snake lives in her flower bed and she see her all the time .

Later on i went back to check on here and she had every light in the house off except the bedroom and she was talking on the phone with her BF , now if i was so scared of something like that i would heve had every light on in the house and slep that way for a few days till i settled down.

Don't know how this country girl got to be such a drama queen [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is not my photo ,just what the snake looked like.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  2. kfchickenlady

kfchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    N.Calif.
    I feel sympathy for her, but that is a FUNNY story! [​IMG]

3. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Hehe!

My moms the resident snake dealer-with-er too! I've lost count of how many she had killed with rocks or chopped the heads off of or broomed back outside [​IMG]
    You know how it is in Australia, right? If you run over a snake in the road, you have to back up and finish the job!

4. vanilla.exe

vanilla.exe Chillin' With My Peeps

That is a good one! I never understood why people are scared of snakes. Then again, maybe I'm the weird one since I'm waiting on my mom to send me a piece of anaconda skin I left behind when I moved [​IMG]

5. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    vanilla.exe :

That is a good one! I never understood why people are scared of snakes. Then again, maybe I'm the weird one since I'm waiting on my mom to send me a piece of anaconda skin I left behind when I moved [​IMG]

Ain't that the truth it took years to get my hubby to stop doing the snake dance when he saw one well except the one that hangs out on the porch steps, now he just comes and gets me to see what kind they are.

He has several in his garden that watch him and brought me some eggs that were under the mulch after he pulled up the taters, i am waiting for them to hatch any time now, i know they are not venimus as i checked one before i set them , i am hoping they are from the big speckled king snake that hangs out in the garden [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    A fun story and neat picture of the snake eggs.

7. Okie Amazon

Okie Amazon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Midwest City
    Hee! Funny story.

Just as a heads up for you folks in the south, I read an article the other day that since rattlers are looked at as caviar by feral pigs, many rattlers seem to be foregoing the rattle and going straight to bite. Just an FYI if you are in area with rattlers. Dern things are not stupid and as they've been around a loooong time, they are pretty adaptable.

8. ladyride

ladyride Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    East Tn
    I had a really horrible day at work last night came home & reading some recent posts came across this one nearly fell off the sofa laughing. [​IMG] thanks for really lightening my mood. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by