The sounds they make

gryeyes

Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers
10 Years
Sep 22, 2009
My slice of heaven in Somerset, CA
I had to go to a meeting in Downtown Sacramento today, on Capitol Mall. As we were walking a few blocks to get our lunch, I suddenly cued in to the crossing signal Audible Alert (you know, for the deaf to know when it's safe to cross or not) that sounded EXACTLY like a chick's distress call! The one they make when they realize all the other chickens have moved out of sight and they think they're allll alone - THAT peep.
ep.gif

I paid very close attention to that sound every time we were at an intersection, just to confirm I was hearing it correctly. Yup, one of the two different Audible Alert is definitely the sound of a chick calling out when it can't find its flock mates.

And my co-workers, who already thought I was a little "off" before, now KNOW I'm totally chicken crazy. Because, of course, I had to tell 'em what the sound was like......

Quote:
The only mistake you made was telling an "outsider" something that only us fortunate people would understand.
wink.png

Quote:
The only mistake you made was telling an "outsider" something that only us fortunate people would understand.
wink.png

No kidding. I get that glazed over look from "outsiders" when I talk about my chickens.

Back
Top Bottom