The sportsman or dickey?

equine chick

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 9, 2007
Volant Pa Lawrence County
I am planning on getting another incubator in the next few months for bigger hatches. I know a good bit about the sportsman, what about the dickey? Does any one have one and what do you think about them?

I dont have a dickey but a breeder friend of mine does and she swears by it. Said she ran into a problem one time and the man who makes them talked her through it. She hatches chicks to sell.

I have heard plenty of good things about the dickey. Then I also have a friend who hatches 100's per year in his sportsman and hes had it for well over 20 years.

I really am aiming towards the sportsman. I looked at the dickey online and I prefer the big company that it is behind the sportsman. I think alot easier to get it repaired, replacement parts ect.

I'm not saying the dickey isn't a good incubator, but in the long haul the sportsman will hold its value. Parts are readily available as are upgrades.

I have a preference for the Ova Easy after using mine for the past year because temperature and humidity is just that much more constant throughout the incubator than my OLD sportsman.

What fits a Dickey fits a Gqf..the parts are the same I have both, And i know both parties that build them, Both are good incubators, only difference is Gqf makes and sells more than Dicky

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom