1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The stare down. Cooper vs. the adults *pic*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by froggie71, Sep 1, 2009.

1. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    I've been trying to integrate our lone duckling that has been brooding with the chicks and keets to the older ducks. When they have all been our free-ranging together, Cooper the lone duckling would rather stay with the chicks and keets. Today, I decided it would be better not to have the chicks and keets out so Cooper would hopefully realize he/she is a duck. The older ducks seems to accept Cooper pretty readily. Though a little nip here and there just to let Cooper know where he/she stands. Putting them together in the coop/run would be the test. This is the pic of the Staredown.
    Cooper vs. the adults.
    [​IMG]

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    aaawww poor guy wants to be a chicken..just let him. It is not good to try to force the children to be what you want them to be... [​IMG]

Cute!

3. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    Too precious, I hope he fits in eventually. I have one that's kind of a loner but slowly but surely he's making friends.

Oh and beautiful ducks BTW.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  4. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    Cetawin~ [​IMG] I can't imagine what he was thinking. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  5. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

That's the best looking chicken I've ever seen!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by