**The State killed all my friends birds!!**

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Feathered Wings, May 7, 2009.

1. Feathered Wings

Feathered Wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    I just received news today of a good friend of mine having all his chickens,ducks,geese,peafowl,turkeys,and pigeons put down.

I don't know all the details but he said they came and killed them all.
    He is very upset and couldn't give me all the details.

Only said it was because he had a license and they were constantly bothering him and testing his birds.
    Told me he wished he had never got a license because it just gave them the right to come on his property and find any little thing and complain about it.

I find this a bit exstreme these animals weren't all housed together or exposed to eachother???
    He can no longer have chickens or any fowl of any kind.

I didn't know what to say except i was sorry [​IMG]

2. Sock Puppet

Sock Puppet Grumpy Hen

Mar 3, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Thats Aweful!! Im so sorry that happened to him.

Just goes to show the government tries to control everything. I figure the less they know the better.

3. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    This dude in Georgia? I sure would like to know the circumstances cited.

4. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    They just came and killed them there in his yard? How? So sorry to hear that. What reason did they give him for having to put them down? eta: I guess those are the details you don't know yet.

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  5. ems_chick

ems_chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Morganton, GA
    thats horrible! where in ga?

6. kingmt

kingmt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Mason WV
    Wow. I'm just stunned. I was getting ready to apply for my license but now I don't know. Did he have a bird get into the wild? Maybe? They can cull all the wild foul you have here permit or not, reason or not. The others I don't understand.

7. Judy

Judy Chicken Obsessed Staff Member Premium Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    OMG. Note where I live, and I am far from the only one on here. Please post any further details if you learn them.

Thank goodness I don't have any kind of license. Of course I can't sell my eggs either....

8. Feathered Wings

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    Quote:Yes he is in Georgia and i don't know the circumstances yet of the "Why"

I have heard this before from folks who told me not to get a license.
    Said it doesn't give you any rights it gives them the right to do what they please with your property.
    It only takes one person coming on your land and seeing something "they" don't like and turn you in.

9. Feathered Wings

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    Quote:Why can't you sell eggs is there a law for that too???

10. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Yes he is in Georgia and i don't know the circumstances yet of the "Why"

I have heard this before from folks who told me not to get a license.
    Said it doesn't give you any rights it gives them the right to do what they please with your property.
    It only takes one person coming on your land and seeing something "they" don't like and turn you in.

What kind of license are you talking about????
    I have heard someone else say this happened before, but I think it was because the flock was diseased.....could that be the case with your friend????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by