the stink eye over farm fresh eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jgervais, Feb 9, 2012.

1. jgervais

jgervais Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Jackson, MI
    1 person likes this.
  2. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    Honestly, how people feel about farm-fresh eggs is not something I choose to get uptight about. I eat the eggs that my chickens lay, and was not happy when I had to buy eggs for awhile this winter when my chickens were moulting. So I agree that they are better. For those who think otherwise, it's their loss. Why would I get mad at them? Life's too short as it is without getting upset over other peoples' opinions.

3. themenagerie

themenagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2011
    I think it can be hard when you're trying to sell them. People are used to the dozen brown or white ones they buy at the supermarket. When they see my mixed colors of eggs sometimes they're a little taken aback because they've never seen those in the grocery. If you can get people to at least try them, then the work is over. They're so much tastier than store bought.

4. jgervais

Apr 18, 2011
    Jackson, MI
    its definitly not about the money. i don't see a way anyone could ever get rich selling eggs from a backyard flock. I just get mad at those people who do not respect the animal that is producing food for them and ignorantly assume because the grocery store sells it, it must be superior.

5. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

i thank god theres people like that out there,, makes me look so MucH smarter then i really am lol. and could you imagine the price of eggs from real chicken acting chickens if everyone wanted them? wowz..

6. jgervais

Apr 18, 2011
    Jackson, MI
    I don't forsee the price rising if everyone appreciated free range eggs. This would support more of a local community and help support the jobs of small local farmers and hobbyists.

7. mxpres

mxpres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Lenoir,NC
    I gave up trying to convince or explain to people why fresh eggs are better.They know more about my chickens than I do so why bother??Good luck!!!!!!!!

8. lolita117

lolita117 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Hestand, KY
    I have people that have looked at my eggs with disgust. I wonder what their face would look like if they seen this:

[​IMG]

Versus this (An actually picture of some of my chickens):
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. tweetysvoice

tweetysvoice Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2011
    Lawrence, KS
    My Coop
    +1 Best argument ever!

10. audrey02026

audrey02026 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Dedham, Ma
    That should be a marketing image for Farm fresh eggs!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by