The stories and pics- Serama Test eggs

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by kbbeale, Jan 26, 2009.

1. kbbeale

kbbeale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    This has totally ended up being more hassle than it's worth. I have two dozen eggs sitting on my kitchen counter ready to ship and I have people who have COMMITTED on these eggs, but havent sent the shipping money for me to send them out today.

**I want to add here, THANK YOU to those I have sent the eggs out to!!!**

I have three small children (6, 4 and 4 MONTHS). We live in a very rural area and the post office is NOT close by. I wanted to offer my eggs to help others, but then also help ME by having fertility tested and have others give me constructive criticism on my packing methods. Cant get much criticism if I cant get the eggs shipped out. Money is tight right now, holidays kicked our butt, new baby, etc. If it wasnt so tight, I'd give the darn eggs away for nothing!!

So, moral to my story - I have two dozen eggs sitting on my counter. I was being fair by making a list of who contacted me first and wanted them. The next two people have not paid and there's no contact - so these two dozen eggs are now available.

Two people - $10.35 each to [email protected] will get 12 egg each. Two people say SOLD and PM me, gets them.

I wont be offering test eggs again, unfortunately. I will still give the opportunity to the following people: Contact me if you still want them, so I wont hassle with this if you decide to back out.

ntiveheart
    dave27889 - I know you have a MO coming to me, no worries
    tamsflock (by 2/6)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
  2. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    Do you nedd someone yet? I'll do it and can paypal you now

3. kbbeale

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    Yes, I need two people. You would be 1.

4. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    I'll test for you...

5. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Quote:Sold

6. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    10.35 is what you need right.

7. kbbeale

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    Ok, Barnyard and Buck creek -

I appreciate it. I have gathered up these eggs over the weekend and I felt stuck this morning. PM me your address...

I will mail out after lunch.

8. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I'm sorry to hear your frustration. [​IMG] It looks like it's worked out somewhat and am glad to hear that. [​IMG]

9. Hackles

Hackles Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hey Kbbeale,

A tip to avoiding this kind of hassle, is to collect the money before you collect the egg's so you dont end up in a sticky situation such as this.

10. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:I would also do that next time. Sorry to hear about your troubles, but glad it seems to have worked out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by