The Storm Troopers ( Pics added )

columbiacritter

Songster
11 Years
Jun 7, 2008
Scappoose Oregon
My Husband has dubbed our mixed flock of runners and cambells the Storm Troopers for their love of charging around enmasse. When one spies the possibility of a tasty snack they all charge headlong shouting their battle cries which usually brings the chickens to see if they can get any. If the snack potential happens to be a person kneeling in the flower bed to plant something they find themselves surround by a flash mob of birds.

Walking out with the snack bucket or god forbid, a bunch of grapes, is like a scene from an Alfred Hitchcock movie. My Poor neighbor discovered they know plastic shopping bags usually mean bread. Thankfully she knows birds so was just laughing as she stood trapped in my driveway surrounded by the mob demanding she hand over the loot.

11550_mob_scene2.jpg

11550_mob_scene3.jpg

Last edited:
gig.gif
gig.gif

Sounds like mine...If the ducks spot me going to sneak the silkies something in the side yard and they are down at my neighbor's house here they come...7 adult ducks doing the flap and run and 3 little runners doing the penguin run up here. all i hear is 'QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK' its like 'FOOD FOOD FOOD GIMME THE FOOD!!!!' Its too funny. I get mobbed.
hmm.png
and if I don't feed them right off, I am followed and dogged relentlessly, they'll protest at my backdoor, I will have to try and get a picture today or tomorrow of this for everyone
wink.png

Love_a_duck - OMG they are too funny. And I have to keep the run to the silkie's mini-coop closed and leave the coop door open because the ducks will mob inside the run where their food is and eat it all up even though I know the porkers have got to be full!!! They now haven't figured it out yet how to get in through the back and most are too fat to fit through the chicken door inside to the run
tongue.png

Mine like do a strike at the back door, and they recognize their red foldgers can - they make a big old fuss and follow me till they to where the dogs are - and are like screaming at me to hurry up
roll.png
its too funny.

Back
Top Bottom