The story about Lacy the sussex chick and her story(:

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by birdherder, Sep 14, 2011.

1. birdherder

birdherder Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2011
    Chapter 1

I heard sounds of my mother worryingly clucking at the fact that I hadn't pushed out of this watery, confined jail that kept me from bursting out. I felt every single one of my muscles work as I pushed and pushed trying to get out of this torture. I felt my beak peck back and forth not feeling it budge one bit. I felt my air bubble slowly disappear but then POP! the bubble burst!I felt the shock and panic seep into my veins. I pushed and pushed and nothing was happening! I felt my throat burning for air, my muscles slowed down and felt myself give up and rest waiting for the white light going to save me. CRACK! the light shattered my diluted eyes. I took a huge breath and chirped a small little chirp and fell over and panted. It seemed liked hours as I sat there. My fluffy little down feathers puffed up as if I had been electrocuted! My mom came and sat on me after I dried off. She looked at me with maple eyes with a soft smile, " oh my baby Lacey, are you feeling okay?" I looked at her with a big smile and chuckled " I've been better." She clucked and held me closer.

2 weeks later...

"LACEY!!!!" mother screamed. I was out of the coop before bedtime. I guess they called me the crooked crook. because I only had one leg. I laughed and hobbled back into the coop. Sorry Ma, i just wanted to look at the stars.. please forgive me?" Ma gave me the stink eye and said" oh you know I can never stay mad at my little Lacey." I looked at her with angry eyes " mom don't embarrass me!" she laughed, that's what ya get for sneekin out of the coop! I grunted and hopped away. now I bet you are all wandering what happened to my leg? well, when I was in the egg when my air bubble popped, I panicked and started thrashing, rapping my umbilical cord around my leg. I was in there for almost a minute until my mom thought I was dead and cracked me open. I had lost all feeling in my leg. The two legged brought me to there cozy cave and snipped it off and sewed it back together. I was in shock for about 3 days not eating or sleeping looking at my ghostly stub of a leg. but I thought about it and life goes on. and the crook part? well, i always sneak out of the nesting house every chance I get, and I also steel food from the Elderlies, which is a disgrace, so I always get pecked and put back into line.
    "it was a normal Saturday as a yawned and hopped out to the feeding trough when a big bark came prowling through, Sadey the two legged dog was nice and would never hurt us. but this rampaging slobbering mess of a mutt came bounding barking at us as loud as he/she could. Sadey jumped and tackled screaming at it saying "that's enough Rover! Sadey came over to the wired coop and kindly said"Im so sorry for my sons actions he isn't used to your kind yet. but don't worry he will be soon enough." She said that as she turned around and glared at him. He cowered and lay down. "Now come over here and apologize Rover. she barked. Rover didn't look anything like Sadey. she was a soft yellow color and he was black. Rover came over with his tail under his bum and mumbled" I'm sorry for scaring you and your flock. It wont happen again.." and he looked at the dirty ground. I was speechless hiding under my mothers wing. as the head of the flock Phelicks the Sumatra rooster strutted over. " your right it wont ever happen again, you almost gave the Flock a heart attack! " hey! it not my fault you guys look delicious!" Rover growled. Sadey grabbed rover by the scruff and hauled him away with a gurgled "I'm so sorry!" as Phelickse's hackle feathers started to rise with anger we new to back away as he crowed a roaring sound! "err err er roooooooooo!!!!! he stomped away to his favorite roost. i was still shocked as mom whisked me away to the hen house. sense we wern't free range i was not used to anything that opposed as a threat. ma panted and said " that's, why i get mad when you sneak out of the hen house! i sat there with bugging eyes shocked and scared of all the time i could of have been eating or killed..

2. luvinmybirds

luvinmybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2011
    GreenCoveSprings,FL
    I like it so far. Write some more, please

3. OwlLover

OwlLover Alaskan Wanderer

Aug 25, 2011
    can we have more???

4. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    [​IMG]
    remeber to post pics of hank and ruby [​IMG]
    Quote:

5. birdherder

Aug 21, 2011
    Chapter 2

Though it was almost a full week after the incident with the messy mutt i just couldn't shake that feeling of complete fear. i was know fully feathered and almost 5 months old getting ready to lay. i had no interest of having my own flock. knowing how difficult it was to push out of an egg i don't want any other creature having to go and suffer through it. Besides i was one of the most unattractive chickens you could ever imagine i mean look at me im a blotchy colored chicken with one leg and a small little comb meaning i probably wont be laying any time soon any ways. i always feel so jealous of the pretty Brahmas and silkies with there soft coats. oh and don't forget the Easter eggers there puffy cheeks make the boys go crazy! and me, the lonely Sussex pullet in the background.. oh and don't forget i only have one leg!! But i didn't care for any of the rooster at all! That's what i told myself every time i got sad but then of course "he" would just appear out of thin air! the gorgeous Sumatra rooster. he was one of the chicks of the top rooster Phelicks. But this roosters name was Diligence. he soo black and graceful and he hadn't started crowing yet so he was very quite. ALL the girls loved him. including me... but i mean I'm just setting myself up to get shut down. so i act as if i hate him. luckily im not a complete loser, i have one friend who was blinded by a fight when she was very young. sense she cant see my hideous features she takes me for my personality, which is very rare in the barnyard. she was much older then me and her time was coming where she would stop laying and she knew it to. i would always tell her i would steal one of the eggs from someone else clutch so the two legged's would kill her, but she would always tell me that wasn't the rite thing to do and she would be very disappointed in me if i were to do that. so i always walk away with a glumly face. i don't really know what type of breed she is but she tells me that her dad had an Afro and was super cool when shes was just a pullet like me and her mom was very challenged in the looks department she would always say but had the sweetest heart and she got the man. "just like you will." she would always say to me. i would just look at her with a sad face and lightly smile and say"we'll just see about that!" she would always cluck and make her long droopy waddles wiggle back and fourth.

BAAACK BAAACK BAACK BACCCCK!!! shouting from the hen house was so loud birds were flying out of the mysterious tall plants.( i have never been out of the coop)
    Being curios me, i hopped over there to see what had happened and Harold the Leg Horn ex-top rooster and Diligence! i was freaking out Diligence could never take on Harold! All the chickens were cheering "Harold! Diligence woo go Diligence!! Harold kick his A$$!! Black feather's were flying every where and no white. Diligence was not going to make it. I of course being the dumb one, I jumped in the middle of everything and told them to STOP!! they completely ignoring me excuse me i meant NOT EVEN SEE ME! and they came bolting write towards and i tried to jump out of the way but Diligence's call slashed me in the side. I let out the most blood curling Scream i could create and fell to the floor panting closing my eyes trying to hold back tears. The fight had ended write then and there and every body sat there speechless looking at me with big wide eyes. my mom scrambled over to me and swept me up into my arms and flew up to the highest roost and lay me on the tenth row of nesting boxes. i sat there screaming and crying as she pecked the blood drenched feathers that were nearing the cut so she could clean it out till morning when the two legged would come and take me to there layer once more. i prayed for it not to be bad as i new they would cull me on the spot if they new i had no chance. also knowing i only have one leg, i new my chances were slim.

Morning came faster then i wanted it to hoping the two leggeds would show, though i new they would every single day like they did for my whole life. i also wished that Diligence would come back and apologize but knowing him he would never. i just sighed and lay there on my side panting at the pain pounding on my ribs as if i was a marimba. "Lacey?" i heard a uncertain voice say. my stomache flipped with butterflies and giggles. i let out as much sound as i could find in my burning throat "ye-yess" i said sound worse then i wanted to. its me Diligence, look im really sorry about the..the....the incadent that happened.. i never ment to hurt you.. also if wasnt for you, id probably be dead by now.. this was the most he had ever talked to me before..EEP! mabye i should get hurt more often! i shouted in my head. "ya, i know..thats why i tried to stop when i cou-ahh" my side let out another wave of unwanted suffering. " are you okay?" he anxiously called jumping to my nesting box. i said" ya im fine just hurts alittle" he wasn't listening at me anymore he just sat there looking at the gaping hole in my side. his beak wide open " oh -oh -oh oh my rooster, i did this to you!?" he said with hoarse voice. "yaaa but it wasnt your fault.." i said softly. he just looked at my eyes now not daring to look at the cut."wow.." he siad. "what" you have beutiful eyes.." that so far was the nicest thing a rooster had ever said to me. at that point i felt the pane exstend to the highest point i had ever felt. i baaucked a very loud bauck as i felt exstroushiating pain in my good side. i was freaking out maybe this was signs of infection??? what if i just blew a nerve? oh my gosh maybe my bladder exploded!!? the POP! a small little egg poped out of my... well u know Diligence and i just looked at it for what seems like hours but was only 10 seconds. he smiled a small loving smile and said "your egg is very beautiful" and the hopped down to the lower levels with the girls surrounding him gossiping about how im going to die. i had never felt so loved in my life! oh my gosh i felt like my life was complete and that if i was going to die i wouldn't -even care because how amazing Diligence was!! all of a sudden Dylan the ugly rooster came up to me and said"oh my gosh are you ok?" i said in a annoyed voice "do i look okay? im probably not going to make it!" he looked at me with watery eyes and he came over and sat by me "i didnt mean to make you sad i was just joking around im fine i just got a little scrape thats all.." NO! thats not it your not okay and i havnt told you that..THAT....THAT I LOVE YOU!!" i just loked at this odd rooster with befuddled eyes not understanding we had actually said. "all my life i have been kicked out of the groups. im very uglie i get it!my dad was a frizzle Cochin and my mom was a game hen, i get it im a ugly mut who nobody wants to get know! but you every body kicked you out to.. i would wach you looking out at the starts wandering what the tall plants are, i do to! i want to leave so badly! i want to get out of this big coop and explore the whole world!!" i just looked at him with my beak gaping,"are you crazy?" i said with joking tone, "nobody has left this coop and the ones who did never were about again!!" he just looked at me with wandering eyes searching,trying to figure me out to know what was locked away in my brain. i was glade he couldnt read me because if he could, he would know that my heart was screaming out saying "YES YES I LOVE YOU TO! I WANT TO GO WITH YOU!" even though i barley new the guy! shacking the thoughts out of my head i said " soo whats your plan anyway?" he puffed out his chest and raised his feathers with excitement as he said "i want us to start are own flock, then we sneak out and live on are own in the tall plants, we could do it i have been calculating the spring and fall always has fruits on the plants and in the winter time we could always have a passage back into the coop. so we could steal food and go back out to the wild, and beside im talking about much later in about a year when we get to know each other and you love me as much i lovshyiuoo" he said in the end he mubled the words but i knew what he was saying. i smiled and said "i like the part of getting to know you first!" he laughed and sat down next to me and smiled.

6. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    love it

7. birdherder

Aug 21, 2011
    Chapter 2

I was no fully feathered and almost 5 months old getting ready to lay. I had no interest of having my own flock. Knowing how difficult it was to push out of an egg I don't want any other creature having to go and suffer through it. Besides I was one of the most unattractive chickens you could ever imagine I mean look at me I’m a blotchy colored chicken with one leg and a small little comb meaning I probably won’t be laying any time soon any ways. I always feel so jealous of the pretty Brahmas and silkies with their soft coats. Oh and don't forget the Easter eggers there puffy cheeks make the boys go crazy! And me, the lonely Sussex pullet in the background,Oh and don't forget I only have one leg!! But I didn't care for any of the rooster at all! That's what i told myself every time I got sad but then of course "he" would just appear out of thin air! The gorgeous Sumatra rooster. He was one of the chicks of the top rooster Phelicks. But this roosters name was Diligence. He so black and graceful and he hadn't started crowing yet so he was very quiet. ALL the girls loved him. Including me... but I mean I'm just setting myself up to get shut down. So I act as if I hate him. Luckily I’m not a complete loser; I have one friend who was blinded by a fight when she was very young. Sense she can’t see my hideous features she takes me for my personality, which is very rare in the barnyard. She was much older than me and her time was coming where she would stop laying and she knew it to. I would always tell her i would steal one of the eggs from someone else clutch so the two legged's would kill her, but she would always tell me that wasn't the right thing to do and she would be very disappointed in me if I were to do that. So I always walk away with a glumly face. I don't really know what type of breed she is but she tells me that her dad had an Afro and was super cool when she’s was just a pullet like me and her mom was very challenged in the looks department she would always say but had the sweetest heart and she got the man. "Just like you will." she would always say to me. I would just look at her with a sad face and lightly smile and say “we’ll just see about that!" she would always cluck and make her long droopy waddles wiggle back and forth.

BAAACK BAAACK BAACK BACCCCK!!! Shouting from the hen house was so loud birds were flying out of the mysterious tall plants. (I have never been out of the coop)
    Being curios me, I hopped over there to see what had happened and Harold the Leg Horn ex-top rooster and Diligence! I was freaking out Diligence could never take on Harold! All the chickens were cheering "Harold! Diligence woo go Diligence!! Harold kick his A$$!! Black feathers were flying everywhere and no white. Diligence was not going to make it. I of course being the dumb one, I jumped in the middle of everything and told them to STOP!! They completely ignoring me excuse me I meant NOT EVEN SEE ME! And they came bolting write towards and I tried to jump out of the way but Diligence's call slashed me in the side. I let out the most blood curling Scream I could create and fell to the floor panting closing my eyes trying to hold back tears. The fight had ended write then and there and everybody sat there speechless looking at me with big wide eyes. My mom scrambled over to me and swept me up into my arms and flew up to the highest roost and lay me on the tenth row of nesting boxes. I sat there screaming and crying as she pecked the blood drenched feathers that were nearing the cut so she could clean it out till morning when the two legged would come and take me to their layer once more. I prayed for it not to be bad as I knew they would cull me on the spot if they knew I had no chance. Also knowing I only have one leg, I knew my chances were slim.

Morning came faster then I wanted it to hoping the two leggeds would show, though I knew they would every single day like they did for my whole life. I also wished that Diligence would come back and apologize but knowing him he would never. I just sighed and lay there on my side panting at the pain pounding on my ribs as if I was a marimba. "Lacey?" I heard a uncertain voice say. My stomach flipped with butterflies and giggles. I let out as much sound as I could find in my burning throat "ye-yess" I said sounding worse then I wanted to. It’s me Diligence, look I’m really sorry about the..the....the incident that happened.. I never meant to hurt you.. Also if wasn’t for you, I’d probably be dead by now.. This was the most he had ever talked to me before..EEP! Maybe I should get hurt more often! I shouted in my head. "ya, I know..That’s why I tried to stop when I cou-ahh" my side let out another wave of unwanted suffering. “Are you okay?" he anxiously called jumping to my nesting box. I said" Ya I’m fine just hurts a little" he wasn't listening at me anymore he just sat there looking at the gaping hole in my side. His beak wide open " oh -oh -oh oh my rooster, I did this to you!?" he said with hoarse voice. "yaaa but it wasn’t your fault.." I said softly. He just looked at my eyes now not daring to look at the cut. “wow.." he said. "what" you have beautiful eyes.." that so far was the nicest thing a rooster had ever said to me. At that point I felt the pain extend to the highest point I had ever felt. i baaucked a very loud bauck as i felt exstrushiating pain in my good side. i was freaking out maybe this was signs of infection??? What if I just blew a nerve? Oh my gosh maybe my bladder exploded!!? Then POP! a small little egg popped out of my... well u know Diligence and I just looked at it for what seems like hours but was only 10 seconds. He smiled a small loving smile and said "your egg is very beautiful" and the hopped down to the lower levels with the girls surrounding him gossiping about how I’m going to die. I had never felt so loved in my life! Oh my gosh I felt like my life was complete and that if I was going to die I wouldn't even care because how amazing Diligence was!! All of a sudden Dylan the ugly rooster came up to me and said "oh my gosh are you ok?" I said in a annoyed voice "do I look okay? I’m probably not going to make it!" he looked at me with watery eyes and he came over and sat by me "I didn’t mean to make you sad I was just joking around I’m fine I just got a little scrape that’s all.." NO! That’s not it you’re not okay and I haven’t told you that..THAT....THAT I LOVE YOU!!" I just looked at this odd rooster with befuddled eyes not understanding we had actually said. "All my life I have been kicked out of the groups. I’m very ugly I get it! My dad was a frizzle Cochin and my mom was a game hen, I get it I’m an ugly mutt who nobody wants to get know! But you everybody kicked you out to... I would watch you looking out at the starts wandering what the tall plants are, I do to! I want to leave so badly! I want to get out of this big coop and explore the whole world!!" I just looked at him with my beak gaping, “are you crazy?" I said with joking tone, "nobody has left this coop and the ones who did never were heard of ever again!!" he just looked at me with wandering eyes searching, trying to figure me out to know what was locked away in my brain. I was glad he couldn’t read me because if he could, he would know that my heart was screaming out saying "YES YES I LOVE YOU TO! I WANT TO GO WITH YOU!" even though I barley new the guy! shacking the thoughts out of my head I said " soo what’s your plan anyway?" he puffed out his chest and raised his feathers with excitement as he said "I want us to start are own flock, then we sneak out and live on our own in the tall plants, we could do it I have been calculating the spring and fall always has fruits on the plants and in the winter time we could always have a passage back into the coop. so we could steal food and go back out to the wild, and beside I’m talking about much later in about a year when we get to know each other and you love me as much I lovshyiuoo" he said in the end he mumbled the words but I knew what he was saying. I smiled and said "I like the part of getting to know you first!" he laughed and sat down next to me and smiled.

Comment so i can see if you guys like it:D

8. birdherder

Aug 21, 2011
    Dont Look At The First Chapter 2!!! That Was My Rouph Draft Lok At The Second Second Chapter ;p

9. OwlLover

OwlLover Alaskan Wanderer

Aug 25, 2011
    Quote:I already did but it's still great. [​IMG]

10. birdherder

Aug 21, 2011
    Thanks [​IMG] i have been working on it for quite awhile lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by