The story behind the name

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rjv_piper, Mar 16, 2008.

1. rjv_piper

rjv_piper Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    Utah
    Hi, I just thought it might be interesting to see the story behind other's screen names. I'll go first.

rjv_piper

rjv are my initals, piper is my horse's name [​IMG] [​IMG]

Lets all have fun, but remember to be safe [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    The story behind my name is that Linck Hill is the road I'm on and the poultry part is due to the fact that I raise, breed, and sell many different breeds and varieties of poultry. [​IMG]

3. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Mine is nc for North Carolina and countrygirl cause I am.

nccountrygirl

4. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    Well, my old name
    was silkeLovr and that was my main breed and
    of course I loved them!.

My new name is my hatchery/ hatching eggs selling name. [​IMG]

5. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I like futurama and anime. so hypnotoad was a charector on futurama and I loved the charector. all he did was have his hypno eyes looking at you not moving and I thought it was funny. so hypnofrog and my name is stevie

6. Maggie3

Maggie3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Central Michigan
    maggie3

My name is Margaret but some family members call me Maggie and the 3 is because I have 3 wonderful daughters.

7. chickenlover210

chickenlover210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2008
    the Usa
    Chickenlover is because I love chickens:lol:

8. Badhbh

Badhbh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    It's easier to just post the Wiki on mine [​IMG]

In Irish mythology, the Badb (/baðβ/ "crow" in Old Irish; modern Irish Badhbh /bəiv/ means "vulture") was a goddess of war who took the form of a crow, and was thus sometimes known as Badb Catha (battle crow). She often caused confusion among soldiers to move the tide of battle to her favored side. Boa Island is named for this goddess.

Battlefields were called the land of the Badb, and were often said to include the Badb taking part as a crow or as a wolf. The Badb is associated with the beansidhe, and is said to have been crucial in the battle against the Fomorians.

In the mythological account of the second battle of Mag Tuired, wherein the Tuatha De Danann defeated the Fomorians in battle, Badb is said to have recited the following prophecy of the end of the world:

Summer without flowers,
    kine without milk,
    women without modesty,
    men without valour;
    captives without a king,
    woods without mast,
    sea without produce
    — (Ó Cuív 37)

With her sisters, Macha and the Morrígan, she was part of a trio of war goddesses who were the daughters of the mother goddess, Ernmas. According to Seathrún Céitinn Badb was worshipped by Ériu, with whom she may be seen as equivalent. She is sometimes the wife of Neit, and may be equivalent with Nemain, Neit's more usual wife. However, Nemain and Badb are said to have had different fathers which is an argument for their separateness as personages: Badb is described as one of the three daughters of Delbaeth son of Neid whereas Nemain is said to have been the daughter of Elcmar of the Brugh (Newgrange, near the Boyne), who was the son of Delbaeth, son of Ogma, son of Elatan [1].

9. 6chix

6chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2007
    Western Ma
    6chix...I started with 6 chicks, didn't stay that way for long [​IMG]

10. barngodess

barngodess Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2008
    Texas
    I am the queen of my castle and the goddess of my barn!![​IMG]

Hey! How do you post pics here?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by