The Story of Diva Chicken! PIC HEAVY

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Cetawin, May 30, 2008.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    It started not long ago with one woman's idea to have chickens in her backyard and fresh eggs for her family.

It was an innocent enough plan and the woman brought home 6 little girls to nurture and raise to become fabulous layers.

[​IMG]

It was not long before the girls began showing their individuality and personality.

The little silver-laced wyandotte, Speckles, announced that she would be the first to get attention in the brooder and that was the way it would be. At just one day old her demands were met.

[​IMG]

At this same time, Lilly, the light brahma girl showed her extreme sense of her beauty and played the role well.

[​IMG]

At four days old our ameraucana girl, Sandy, still showed her tendency to shyness and sweetness.

[​IMG]

As the days turned to weeks, Sandy began to stake her claim on her human child. A love affair between child and chicken began to blossom and the child went into training as 'chicken slave'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

By the tender age of 3 weeks old, she had her human child well-trained. She got attention as soon as the child awoke and during the night, if she peeped really loud, the child would come to comfort her.

[​IMG]

As yes, Sandy had her own human pillow and protector and life was good.

[​IMG]

She was free to attack the scary therometer and her human child would immediately pick her up and comfort her.

[​IMG]

At 5 weeks of age, the Diva Chicken was born. She was spoiled beyond belief and her every whim was fulfilled by her human child. Tender pats, gentle hugs, beak rubs, kisses and treats...ah yes A Diva's life is good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Could it get any better for a Diva Chicken? The girls are given everything they want, put into new digs...a 6' hot tub frame....could there be more? Diva Chicken was loving life and then she was given a new bath tub with great dusting stuff...big enough for Diva Chicken to roll over and over and fluff to her heart's content.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then she and her sisters were given a playpen. So they could go outside in good weather and chase bugs and stuff! Her human child watched her closely while she played.

[​IMG]

Her human child would bring her inside and cuddle with her before bed. Diva Chicken was free to snooze in the child's lap.

[​IMG]

At 10 weeks old, Diva Chicken gets anything she wants, when she wants it...isn't that normal for a Diva?

[​IMG]

The dog even loves Diva Chicken and tries to share his teddy bear with her.

[​IMG]

The human child that belongs to Diva Chicken is always nearby.

[​IMG]

Diva Chicken demands to be taken outside to sun herself.

[​IMG]

Diva Chicken can get an attitude when things are not going her way...just look at this.

Time to go inside...what did you say?

[​IMG]

I know I did not hear you right....I do not want to go inside

[​IMG]

Don't make me get ruffled...I said NO going inside...

[​IMG]

So, for those of you with a shy little baby peep...BEWARE! You could very well have a Diva Chicken in the making.

2. Pelican49

Pelican49 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

3. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I think she is LOVELY! one spoiled happy chick! [​IMG]

4. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Very Cute! She sure is a "diva".

5. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    I think we have similar DD's, as mine is also raising a Diva. Her SS will not walk around. She must be picked up! Going outside, pick me up. Going into coop, pick me up. Coming inside, pick me up. Going to bed, pick me up. She also does not just get picked up, she gets top roost!!!
    [​IMG]

How did we wind up with Divas??????

Steph

6. dogzrule5

dogzrule5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Sanford, NC
    Adorable story - well written....and beautiful chicken slaves![​IMG]

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Funny as all get out!!!

8. S0rcy

S0rcy Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL very cute!! Great pics [​IMG]

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:I have no idea what we did...my SLW is the same way with me...she rides on the center console of the van or in my lap to go get my fav. mocha latte, goes to school with the child, stalks me everywhere....where does it end? [​IMG]

I just thought I would put the warning out there for those who have those shy babies and think they are safe.

10. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    What IS it with all the beautiful children on this site?

Do chicken people naturally have gorgeous offspring, or is it hanging around chickens that make the children glow?

I love this place, y'all. How nice to start the weekend with a hot cup of coffee, great stories and beautiful pictures.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by