The story of Nugget, the California Grey

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Gomes Bantams, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Gomes Bantams

Gomes Bantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Chapter 1

Peep
    Peep,peep

I was crowded into a small shipping box with twenty-five others.

"Hi!" I said to a another chick. She was a cutey. She replied with a humph!

Oh some one Is playing hard to get.

After about three days we saw daylight for the first time! We were put into a thing called a brooder.

Strange name for something that keeps you warm. The human said to us that we would find a new home, so don't get attached to where
    we are. Later during the night I heard a strange sound. The door by the counter was being rattled. The chicks on the other side of the room were peeping up a storm. The heat went out in our brooder and the lights went out.

I was terrified.

To be continued...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  2. Harli50

Harli50 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Utah
    O_O i...love...it... more???? [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Chicks Galore3

Chicks Galore3 Artistic Bird Nut Premium Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    I.LOVE.It. MORE.PLEASE.[​IMG]:bow:bow [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Gomes Bantams

Chapter 2

When I woke up, 2 of my chick friends were dead.

"Ewwwww!" said a California Grey pullet.

They must of died from the cold, I thought.

I heard the human talking about the huge storm. Apparently there was " a power outage" what ever that was.

Then a big human and a medium human walked in. they talked to the owner and the medium human walked over and grabed a box.

A melody of peeps from the other side of the room came and then the person walked over to my cage. He said to himself...

"I would love a white egg layer!" He grabbed me as i thought hey I'm a boy! But only peeps came out.

As I was set down in the box, 3 other peeps came out. There was 2 silver laced Wyandottes and a golden laced Wyandotte.

I knew my days were going to better from now on....

5. Harli50

Jul 22, 2011
    Utah
    IM ADDICTED!!!! btw whats the chicks name and breed??? and of course MORE?????? [​IMG]

6. Chicks Galore3

Chicks Galore3 Artistic Bird Nut Premium Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    nice!!!!

7. Gomes Bantams

Chapter 3

I was scared
    I felt alone
    But I had friends.
    After a few minutes my sences came to.I was in a new brooder with these soft tan things. Food boy called them shavings.
    He called me Nugget and that was soon my official name. My new found friends names are Cheeseburger, Bacon and Pansy.
    Pansy is a rooster like me. He hates his name.
    There were also 3 australorps, 2 orpingtons, 2 bronze turkeys, a old English game bantam, a e.e., 2 dominiques and 1 rhode island red. I immediately became friends with them all.That night another storm hit and I was afraid. But Adam the top australorp comforted him and they all fell asleep together. The next morning though some thing came and changed their lives forever....

8. Gomes Bantams

Chapter 4

The next morning a whistle rang out as the food boy walked in with two small humans behind him. One of them was carrying a box. The whistling came from in there. We all ran up to the food boy as he set the box down.
    "Now I want you to be nice to Macy." the little boy said. I wandered if it was another California Grey like me.
    But it wasn't.
    It wasn't even a chicken.
    Food boy called it a "goose".
    She waddled over to the water and drank it all up.
    Food boy refilled it and turned on the "heat lamp".
    Macy nestled besides me and fell asleep.
    "Wake up!"
    "no."
    Ok I thought.
    The storm was still ragging out side.
    I took a little nap.
    But then a loud peep came and startled all of us...[​IMG]

9. Gomes Bantams

More to come![​IMG]

10. Harli50

Jul 22, 2011
    Utah
    YAY your such a great wrighter!! i want to just keep reading but theres no more to read [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by