1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The story of Princess the BO pullet!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by willowbranchfarm, Dec 1, 2011.

1. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    This is a ture story that happend today. [​IMG]

So It's was a nice day today but cold, but my chickens wouldn't mind. So I put them out side in our big dog kennel so I could clean the coop. I gave them fesh food and water. And then I go on with my day. It starts to get dark and so I get read to go bring them back to there coop. And I had to go and do something and forgot about them [​IMG] any way then I remember and run outside with a flash light and start to bring them in. We have 8 and I had brought 2 in when I noticed that Princess our BO pullet wasn't huddled in the group. I looked again and I still didn't see her I looked around the dog kennel and didn't see her. I started to get scared. I took the rest in and started looking around the yard. Calling her and listening for her soft little cluck. I still didn't find her. I went inside to tell my dad and soon half the family was outside with flash lights looking for her. We looked and looked. I had almost given up thinking that she some how flew out and got killed or eaten. [​IMG] I was getting really scared. Then I saw something yellow under a small bush and glanced at it and started to walk away and then stoped and looked back. I got really close and reached my hand out and touched it and it was Princess [​IMG] She clucked when I touched her. She was so glad I found her. She was a little cold and wet but nothing bad.I dont know how she got out cause the walls on the kennel are 6 feet or so. But I'm just glad that she is safe and happy. [​IMG] Thank you God.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Thats wonderful! I'm glad you found her. [​IMG]

3. willowbranchfarm

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Yeah me too. I was so scared.

4. HollidaySmith

HollidaySmith Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2011
    Peru, Indiana
    Quote:I am so glad you found her. We have had scares and it is a horrible feeling.

5. willowbranchfarm

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Thanks [​IMG]

6. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    [​IMG] I love happy endings!Glad you found Princess [​IMG]

7. willowbranchfarm

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Me to. [​IMG].

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Nothing scares me more than a missing chicken. Glad you found her!

9. willowbranchfarm

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Yeah it freaked me out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by