The strangest thing happened

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CowgirlPenny, Apr 1, 2011.

1. CowgirlPenny

CowgirlPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    South East TN
    I went to the Co-op to get Aspen and straw and then somehow these three Buff Orpington Chicks got out of their brooder and into a box my 9 year old was holding. Then they followed us back to the van, and home! Do you think my husband will buy that? [​IMG]

But really, I wanted some Buffs from the get go and they were back ordered when I first placed my order in Feb. Last week at the Co-op they told me they had Buff's earlier in the week but were sold out and wouldnt be getting more. Somewhere along the way someone was misinformed because they had a brand new shipment Monday. How could I resist? They are right by the front door! Do they not KNOW that I have no will power to my three begging children who love their chickens? [​IMG]

Husband works nights and will wake up soon to three new chicks in the brooder. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Urban Chaos

Urban Chaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2011
    Austin
    and this is why I have avoided all known chicken retailers...good thing I've got enough feed for all our animals for another month, then all bets are off [​IMG]

3. CowgirlPenny

Feb 17, 2011
    South East TN
    Quote:I thought about this. I could have lived without the aspen but needed straw for outside things. I COULD have gotten it at Walmart but their straw is not covered. That was my excuse. LOL

4. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    I went to the Co-op to get Aspen and straw and then somehow these three Buff Orpington Chicks got out of their brooder and into a box my 9 year old was holding. Then they followed us back to the van, and home! Do you think my husband will buy that? [​IMG]

I totally bought it! [​IMG] I'm sure your husband will too! Those buffs are such sneaky little things! [​IMG]

5. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Well that could happen. So just say that is my story and I am sticking to it. [​IMG] He can't prove it wrong [​IMG] Good luck. [​IMG]

6. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    It happens all the time, why just yesterday two new chicks just showed up in my grow out coop, guess they heard its pretty nice around here! my bf was quite surprised to say the least... [​IMG]

7. mychookschick

mychookschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Maine
    My most recent episode of having no will power at all, was just the other day when I was cruising the forum and then, right in front of my eyes popped some big fluffy Wyandottes! All of the sudden I had NO will powere and I was forced by myself to put that order in immediatly! My dad may be a little surprised to see what 20 Wyandottes look like, in the middle of his livingroom! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. PapaChaz

PapaChaz Overrun With Chickens

May 25, 2010
    NW Georgia
    i am totally shocked, stunned and amazed at that story, you really expect him to believe it was only three??????? of course at that age, they probably can't do chicken math yet [​IMG]

9. CowgirlPenny

Feb 17, 2011
    South East TN
    This Chicken Math is going to be the end of me I believe. We wanted a few hens for eggs, settled on 6. But ordered 12 incase some were Roos or we lost some early on. No, those 12 are all pullets and doing well.

Then we got 3 more, then 3 today.

Plus the one we already had.

Now our original goal of 6 hens has turned into owning 19 chickens. [​IMG]

He just looked at me and rolled his eyes. I said, "What?! The kids wanted them!" He said, "Yahhhh...the kids right? " He knows how I feel about my chickens! [​IMG]

10. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    He's a keeper! Enjoy your new chicks! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by