The strike is over

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by debilorrah, Sep 13, 2008.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG]

We usually get ones like on the left, but today we got the one on the left. Could this one be from my buff?

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    The one on the left looks like it has a piece of grass on it. And it's smaller. Than the one on the right?

3. debilorrah

Yes it is smaller and that is what we usually get. The one on the right is misshapen and darker. I think my BO i only about 5 mos though - could it be from her?

4. debilorrah

bump

5. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    A lot of time when I get a double yolk egg is is a bit mis-shapen (and larger of course). It could just be something like that. Honesty, in the pic, I can't see a color difference. Could be though. [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

It's hard to tell because the smaller one is cream... the new one seems very light brown to us. We aRe still trying to figure out which chickens are laying which eggs!

7. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    I have a White Rock and BO that lay some larger, misshapen eggs~~They look huge compared to my Light Brahmas eggs.

The White Rock gave us a double yolker once, but usually they are single yolk~~they are just huge! [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

I had it for breakfast this morning and it was VERY creamy and a huge yolk.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by