The Suedenator Is Aging...Suede & His Girls (pics)

love.gif

Very beautiful group,
i absolutely love blue chickens
love.gif
i started with one blue splash Cochin roo and bred him with my black Cochin hens now i have more shades of blue and splash blue

OH WOW! Great story LH!! I posted my comment on your thread, but it bears repeating here. YAAY LANCELOT!! Awesome job big boy!! Just. Simply. AWESOME!!!!! You and your girls are so lucky to have him LH! I hope he's with you for many, many more years to come!
celebrate.gif

Big drama this morning. Isaac and Seude were fighting at the divider wall between Suede's area and the area in front of the broody pen which is underneath Zane's permanent cage. Ike had flown over a barrier I put up so I wouldn't have to close that door and block off Zane's view out the front; usually, I do close that side of the double doors when the main flock is free ranging so Ike cant get in there and fuss with Suede-they usually just fuss at the other side, the front hardware cloth screen to Suede's coop.
hmm.png
As I was coming around the corner, Suede jumped up with both feet and stuck in the wire wall (hardware cloth over 2x4 welded wire)! His huge body then sagged downward with his feet two feet up stuck by his toenails. I yelled for Tom, tried to open the door, but I couldn't open it more than about 6" because his hanging body was in the way of the door, so I reached through in desperation to lift his body up, thinking he may have broken a leg, and as soon as I had him upright, his toenails released and he dropped to his feet and ran out the pop door.
th.gif

I ran around to the pen and that big doofus was walking around like nothing had happened. I ran in, scooped him up and examined his legs and feet. Not a scratch, no broken toenails, nothing. Miraculously, that crazy blue rooster survived being hung upside down by his toenails, but while on the phone with LH, just after telling her about it, it happened again! This time, they were fighting at the front screen door as they usually do and have always done when the main flock is out, when Suede jumped into the air and a second time, hung himself, this time by a spur and toenails. I swung the door open, with Suede attached, hanging upside down and when I lifted him up, the outer sheath of one spur broke off. No blood, again. These two boys are going to be the death of me yet! Tom is threatening to kill them both if they do it again. LH heard him. Anyone want a beautiful and very sweet (to humans) Delaware rooster? I don't know how many times Suede can do this to himself and come out unscathed!
barnie.gif

Anyone want a beautiful and very sweet (to humans) Delaware rooster?

Ummm, I might add ........... SMART rooster!
Had Isaac done that, he would have learned after the first time, and not done it again.​

What is so weird is that they do this all the darn time and not once has either one gotten stuck in the wire, but today, it happened twice. What the heck is up? Did the earth's tilt shift or something? Geez, Louise!

Well, I don't think Isaac is very smart because if he continues pulling stunts like that, it will earn him a ticket elsewhere.
roll.png

usually, I do close that side of the double doors when the main flock is free ranging so Ike cant get in there and fuss with Suede-

It is YOUR fault, Cyn, NOT Isaac's! Isaac IS smart, because he noticed your error and "jumped" on it!
lau.gif

Suede is as beautiful as ever, as is brave Lancelot. Love those roosters !

After finding a rooster or two hanging upside down and numerous cuts down the backside of rooster legs and toes, I put no see barriers between the runs. They are just high enough to keep the boys from looking over. However, they are off the ground about six inches. The guys see themselves low and can't figure out what to do next. Funny to watch.

Back
Top Bottom