1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

The Sunshine Classic, Lake City, FL Jan 8-10, 2010

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by High Roost Ranch, Nov 21, 2009.

1. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

It's almost here, only 7 weeks away! Who's going? And what are you showing? We're going and bringing pretty much the same slate of birds that we had at Inverness, and we'll probably be adding some younger stuff that wasn't quite finished enough for Inverness. I'm hoping my young RP tom will be ready by then.

I just stocked up on my secret ingredient to add to their feed yesterday hoping they'll look better by the time the show comes around. It'll be a wait and see situation on results. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  2. Hubby and I been talking about going. Lets see how things go first.

3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I'll be there...

4. Shadowhills Farm

Shadowhills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Crystal River, Fl
    We would love to take our group, but with our wedding coming up Jan.2nd and work being very slow, we can't make it up there.....wish there were closer shows to us! Inverness is about 1/2 hour away, so that was easy for us to go to!

5. FloridaOE

FloridaOE Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2009
    Lakeland
    We are going but i doubt we will show, its just too far to travel, but we will drive up one day to visit and see whats going on

6. kpeavey

kpeavey Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2009
    north Florida for now
    Being 3 miles from my house, I'd have to be in a coma. Went a couple years ago, never seen so many birds.

7. SunshineSilkies

SunshineSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    The show is Jan 9-10(Sat & Sun)

I will have more info and an entry form to post here on BYC after Thanksgiving. The information is not available until then. As soon as they give me the info, I'll pass it on to everyone here!!![​IMG]

8. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

Coop in is Friday the 8th. Saturday the 9th is when the show judging is with birds being sold. Sunday the 10th the show is pretty much over except for awards and coop out. If you want to come and watch, Saturday IS the day to do so. [​IMG]

9. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    I want to enter in it this year. Might have some BLRW roosters for sale maybe some sliver spangled hamburg hens.

10. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    oh I'm going to enter my pair of bantam dark cornish, black cochins, ... can you enter other types of birds also. like my eqyption goose?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by