the survivors

v.cyr

Songster
9 Years
May 4, 2010
Greene, NY
ok... out of 7 chicks we bought this year, these four have made it so far, and seem to be as healthy as can be( knock on wood)

DSCN0271.jpg

the two buff brahmas are from the original 4 we bought(the two banties in that bunch didn't make it)....

Magenta....
DSCN0289.jpg

she is freaking huge, even compared to the other brahma...

Columbia...
DSCN0287.jpg

by far the calmest of the bunch...

and the two banties we bought(less than a week after the first batch) to replace the ones that died...

Currently Unnamed Silver Sebright
DSCN0285.jpg

inquisitive lil'bugger.... was the only one that didn't run away when we picked them out

Currently Unnamed Porcelain D'Uccle
DSCN0281.jpg

very shy...

Oh, the silver sebright is lovely! You should call her Lily. But she looks like a midget in the first pic. Out of curiosity, what do you have them on (as bedding)? It looks unusually purple for chick bedding!
tongue.png

Very cute! My d'uccle was very shy to begin with. I've worked on handling her and everytime I'm in the coop, she jumps up on my lap! She stays on my lap until I leave. Although, I'm having a hard time with her biting my fingers. Not sure what that's all about. She is 6 weeks old and I hope she grows out of that bad habit.

Quote:
its hampster bedding... we had a dungarian hampster for the last 2 years, and he died last month... leaving us with a surplus of bedding(and food...we had just bought a new bag of each before he died)... the package said it is safe for birds... it is pretty much just recyled newspaper, pulped up and dried... and since the Brahmas are standards, the Sebright and D'Uccle technically are midgets... it is just more drastic a comparison with Magenta... she is twice the size of Columbia, despite hatching the same day... good genetics, I guess...

Back
Top Bottom