The sweetest things to see before turning in at night........

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by luvmychicknkids, Apr 19, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I checked my children. All three are snuggled in with happy looks on their little faces. My dog in in the middle of the hallway floor.....able to protect all bedrooms with a seconds notice (she is such a precious girl). Then, finally, I tip-toed into my bathroom. There in the brooder are 9 tiny babies...worn out from practicing with their growing wings and playing all day, sound asleep. What peaceful, happy, sights to drift off to sleep. Sometimes, life just feels good. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  2. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    I know what u mean....I just wish I was having one of those nights now!!! LOL!!!

3. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    What a beautiful mental image!!!!

My kids are all grown and gone; sometimes I remember the wonderful times we had when they were little and I miss having small children in the house. But then the mood passes and I snap out of it!!! [​IMG]

Of course I'm joking I love my kids; I wouldn't take a billion dollars for a single one of them. But I wouldn't give you two cents of another one.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  4. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Of course I'm joking I love my kids; I wouldn't take a billion dollars for a single one of them. But I wouldn't give you two cents of another one.

LOL....you can't even begin to imagine how much I understand!!!!​

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    It is nearly the same in my house. I go up and check the kids then my chicks. I then go out and check the goslings one last time to be sure they have water through the night. I make sure the poodles have water and the dobbie mix has a chew treat. Then I am off to bed with a long sigh.

I agree. Life is very good!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by