The tables have turned!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Goose and Fig, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    We're doing a short sale on our old house. Our mortgage company won't take us off auto-dialer and calls constantly. They said we have to send them a notarized "cease and desist" letter. Yeah right. Don't they know where we live?So- I am faxing our entire short sale application every hour until they stop calling me.

My husband told me to go down the road and take a pic of one of the delapidated old abandoned farm houses and send it to them with the message "you want it- come and get it!" [​IMG]

I know we really have no power over the mega-banks- but it's fun giving them a little taste of their own medicine.

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Bah ha ha! Perfect!

3. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    LOL .. doncha love it ... [​IMG]

4. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Check the State laws... there may be something that you can do that constitutes harassment. I know here in Ontario they (collection agencys, telemarketers, ect) can only call 3X per 24 hour period, and thats if they get no answer, if you however do answer the phone they are not allowed to call again that day.

Check with your local phone company.. you can block their number

5. davidb

davidb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2008
    north east Georgia
    lol:clap

6. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Just set your fax machine to send them blank pieces of paper or a pic of a naked goat. [​IMG]

Go get em! [​IMG]

Beware the 1099 for the short sale difference.

Here in CT they can only call once. Tell them you are aware of their position and to communicate via mail only.
    Or, tell them the number is a cellphone and see if they buy it.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  7. Dar

Jul 31, 2008
    OO and whats a short sale?

8. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Quote:We're selling it for less than we owe- but we'll probably be able to break even. It's still considered a short sale though because we aren't making payments in the meantime.

I cannot wait to be mortgage free! [​IMG]

9. Dar

Jul 31, 2008
    aaa heck if you are not going to be dealing with them anymore... the $20 it costs to have my phone # changed would be so worth my sanity...

10. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I used to get spam faxes all the time and used a similiar method to get it stopped...

I took 3 pieces of computer paper and scribbled all over with dark colored pencils... placed first sheet on top and taped the other 2 sheets behind it. Then as it was feeding and sending through, I taped the back sheet to the first sheet so I had a never ending circle. Within 15 minutes it was stopped from their side so I waited an hour and resent it. It ran for another 15 to twenty minutes before it stopped.

Before I closed up for the night around 7 or 8 and I was sure their office was closed I resent it one last time. The next morning I walked into the shop to hear my phone ringing. Apparently I ran their fax out of paper, and they used up all kinds of toner cartridges because they couldn't tell the difference between my incoming faxes and their other customers. I [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by