The TARDIS has landed!!

Kuntry Klucker

Crowing
12 Years
Jun 9, 2010
Tennesee Smoky Mts.
Hey Everyone, we have added a new coop to our coop-hood here at the Kuntry Klucker Farm. For those that follow me you were eagerly anticipating the post with our new coop. Here it is, I will attach the link to my blog here. Enjoy!!

https://thekuntryklucker.blog/2018/02/25/the-tardis-has-landed/

Tardis 1.jpg

Tardis 2.jpg

It is very nice. :) though I was expecting a special shed that had an entry way painted like the Tardis and then a secondary area that was attached that looked separate so that the inside was bigger. :p

I read your blog post! Looks great! I wish I had the confidence like you do in the prefabs!
I keep finding things that I don't like about mine. Every night I worry something is going to break into it. Maybe I need to invest in some electric fencing?

I read your blog post! Looks great! I wish I had the confidence like you do in the prefabs!
I keep finding things that I don't like about mine. Every night I worry something is going to break into it. Maybe I need to invest in some electric fencing?

Thanks!! Prefab coop are really not that bad. I know that they get a bad rap but I have used them for 5+ years and they hold up great. My secret is to update the hardware cloth, update some the latches, I put a good quality water repellent barn paint on them followed by a water seal. After all that is said and done they service my flock and I very well.

I do have their backyard enclosed with a 6ft wood privacy fence with electrtic wire running the perimeter of the outside of the fence to detour any diggers. The only predators that I have to really worry about are snakes and hawks. I update the paint job on the coops as needed. But once I give them a little love they really do last.

We get lots of rain here with humidity and some nasty wind storms as well. Through all of that they still hold up. I think that the fence may be partly responsible for blocking some of the straight line winds as they blow across the landscape. But honestly, I prefer the prefab coops to anything else.

I built our first coop, it was an undertaking that I will never do again. I found through that process that I have no business using power tools. It was a hard and scary project, I love the Kuntry Klucker but I will never build one again. Prefabs offer everything I need, all I have to do is put it together and give it some love.

Back
Top Bottom