The things you do for your chickens!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by M To The Maxx, Nov 23, 2009.

1. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    This was awhile back but I thought I should share it with my fellow BYCers. I had to give my rooster Comet away because he was getting to agressive towards the others and we were afraid he would kill the new silkies we were getting. Btw Comet is a big EE roo. We gve him to a very nice lady down the street from us. Her name is Denise. She has a few hens. She took Comet off our hands. A few months later we wanted Comet back for breeding with the other hens. I also noticed that his aggresion levels were down (I visited him a lot because he was my favorite roo). So we traded a hen for Comet because we did not want to take him without giving something in return. So now we have to get Comet back. Here is what we did. I put the cage on the back of my golf cart and I road down to Mrs. Denise's house. So we pick Comet up and put him on the back of the golf cart. Comet is crowing all the way home! It was so funny. Then, he went back in with the hens. My parents had to take pics of me in the golf cart. Here are is a pic. I know they took more. I am trying to find others on their cameras.

[​IMG]

Comet was a victim to the unknown deadly disease going around in our coops. Luckily the disease is gone but so is Comet along with 15 other chickens of ours. This will be a memorable moment in our lives forever and so will Comet. Comet was a great leader of his flock and he still is. He is probably struting around with his mates in heaven. We miss you Comet! I am sure he is reading this right now in chicken heaven.

[​IMG] [​IMG] RIP Comet RIP [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That is a great picture of you, Maxx! Glad you have it to remember Comet by.

3. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:Thanks, Speckledhen.

4. Chicken Lover33

Chicken Lover33 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2009
    Denver,CO
    RIP Comet. Sorry for all your losses. [​IMG] Btw I love you golf cart!

5. gsim

gsim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    East Tennessee
    Is it possible that the mystery disease came from the people you gave comet to? Maybe he was infected there and then carried it home to your coop? [​IMG]

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I am sorry for your losses...Comet was a handsome boy for sure. I love my EE roo, he is fabulous with my girls so I know you miss your boy.

7. lngrid

lngrid Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I'm sorry you lost Comet and your other birds. He was a beautiful rooster. How funny that he crowed all the way home in your golf cart! It's like he was bragging to the neighborhood: "Look at me! I have my own private chauffeur! Look at me!"

8. Now that is a heck of a Golf Cart. Looks like it need to be in one of those fancy retirement places !!

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

What an adorable picture!!! [​IMG] I'm so sorry you lost your dear boy and the others. [​IMG] But he will always be fondly remembered. Thanks for sharing those great photos! [​IMG]

10. M To The Maxx

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:Not possible. The disease came a couple months after we got Comet back. Also, she has the healthiest chickens I have ever seen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by