The Tierd Rooster

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by sacramento, Oct 13, 2013.

1. sacramento

sacramento Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2013
    Colorado
    I get up this morning and go out to my coop, which is silent as a mouse. When I looked in, my poor silkie rooster, Chicken, (thats his name) is asleep in a pile of chicken poop, with his body all sprawled out. Evef had a rooster do that??? When I picked the poor guy up, he didnt complain he just opened his eyes and went back to sleep. I started cleaning him off with a rag and he just kept sleeping! When I put him I. the nest box which is a 2 ft by 1 ft rectangle, he just kept sleeping!!! He is still asleep! His ladies ladies accidentally sat on him and he flapped his wings, shoved his head into the straw, and kept on sleeping. Crazy rooster!!!! I feel bad for the poor guy, and I have a feeling he will just sleep in the nest box all day long.

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Sounds like he's sick. Healthy chickens are usually ready to go about business at dawn.

3. sacramento

Jul 14, 2013
    Colorado
    He was up all night I think because I have a broody hen with a chick hatching this morning, and he cannot sleep next to her. But I will watch for it.

4. sacramento

Jul 14, 2013
    Colorado
    Chicken has passed away.

5. chickenboy190

chickenboy190 Overrun With Chickens

May 31, 2013
    Ohio
    I'm so sorry! [​IMG]

6. I'm am very sorry!!!! We had a rooster before, Rusty, and we loved him so much! We had many roosters before him and they were all so mean to me. But he was an angle! But one day, we heard some weird noises, and we checked the chicken coop and all the hens were huddled up together in the run, and he was out in the yard dead. A hawk attacked our chickens and he tried to save the hens.

7. chickenboy190

chickenboy190 Overrun With Chickens

May 31, 2013
    Ohio
    Awww I'm so sorry *hugs* I had a rooster he was mean but I liked him and he died not to long a go.:(

8. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I would watch the rest of the flock. His illness sounds like weakness associated with either coccidiosis or worm infestation.

9. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Sorry for your loss.

10. sacramento

Jul 14, 2013
    Colorado
    He was having like seizures or spasms before he died. So I am not sure if it was a seizure problem or something else.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by