The Trailer-Coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by RachelM, May 27, 2011.

1. RachelM

RachelM Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2011
    My father and I have been debating plans for building a coop. I want to build a wooden one from scratch, but he wants to turn a big old camper trailer into a gigantic coop. Although this isn't it, this is kind of what it looks like, but much older:http://brantford.canadianlisted.com...-toy-hauler-travel-trailer-camper_553868.html
    It's got two doors, and needs jacks out under it to level it out. Is it really worth all the effort to trash out the inside and re-build it, or should we just build something exactly to what we need? The only real advantage I can think of for the trailer is that is a lot of space inside once the walls are out, and could make a nice "indoor pasture" in the winter (I'm slightly afraid I might lose birds in the snow in the winter:lol: )

I've kinda got a plan made up based on some of the coops I've seen on this site, and father wants me to "ask around" for advice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by