1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Turkeys are talkin to me.....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lockedhearts, Oct 16, 2008.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Today is Day 27 on my 4 Turkey eggs I am hatching, 2 pipped yesterday and they are talking away, I think they are talking to me, but they may be talking to each other.

Day 19 on my Cochin and one Houdan egg from Terry (Scbirdfarm)

2. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    Great. Good luck.

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Cute !!!! I love when my chickens/chicks talk to me !!! Some day I will understand what they are saying !!!!! Good luck !!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Of course I am working today and worried about them. Turkeys are a lot louder than chicks in the eggs. [​IMG]
    I have a brooder set up for them already and another will get set up tonight for the cochins and my poor little houdan.

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Is it harder to hatch turkey eggs? I am thinking about getting some this spring.

6. CindyS

CindyS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Geneseo, Illinois
    sounds like you will have babies tomorrow! to answer shellyds question. Turkey eggs are not hard to hatch, its after they hatch is the tricky part, poults can be very fragile.

7. lockedhearts

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Well 2 of the big boogers are out and a 3rd is pipped, hoping the 4th pips today along with some of these cochins.

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Congrats on the turkey babies. They sure are fun to raise.....very different personalities than my chickens. Hope to see pics soon!!!??

9. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Go TURKEYS! I'll be happy to get even one of the turkeys to hatch. But you give me hope.

I'm hoping the sound of the 25 partridge rocks peeping in the kitchen will motivate the entire incubator full of eggs.

OMG how many birds??? Let's hope this batch of PRs has some pullets in it. Sigh.

My name is Chere and I'm a chickenaholic....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by