the turner in the last 3 days

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by standardbanty, Dec 22, 2008.

1. standardbanty

standardbanty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    Maryland
    When you take the turner out, will the eggs get damage and will I have to turn them remaining 3 days?

I go to school and When I leave how do I know if the humidity will flucutate while im gone. Does it flucuate or it dosnt really change?

Thanks..

2. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    When you take the turner out just be gentle and the eggs will not be damaged. You DO NOT open the bator the last three days. If you have the humidity set properly if won't change that much. Check it before you leave in the morning and as soon as you get home. It should be O K for that short period of time. Try to keep the humidity between 55 or 60 for the last three days and as the chicks hatch it will go up. This is the time you have to watch it a little more. On the future try to put the eggs in so they hatch on the week end. I do this so I am close by at hatch time. Good luck with the hatch and try not to worry to much.

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    I think its a good thing that you go to school during the day, then you will be less tempted to open the bator !!

Stop turning. up the hum, and sit on your hands till they ALL hatch !!

Good luck !!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by