The ultimate in customer relations...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Hound, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Hound

Hound Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    While browsing Ebay I saw the following in a listing:

"i use the shipping calcultator for shipping so dont whine about the price afer the fact. We don't ship to P.O boxes unless it will fit in a standard size mailbox , And if I have to go to the post office to ship something to a P.O. box, there will be a Twenty dollar charge for that. i DO NOT GIVE OUT TRACKING N.O.s AT THIS TIME ,It takes up too much time "

I've had my share of annoying customers, but I wouldn't want to buy a thing from a person who can't even pretend to tolerate or accommodate them [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Wow, what a jerk!!

3. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

That's one of the reasons I quit ebay.

4. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    Quote:I would like to see their feedback.

That's just rude. If you don't enjoy doing something, don't do it, no need to be rude about it.

5. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    dang I drive to the next town when I ship eggs so that they get there a day sooner, my little PO send st cape then St.louis then to the destination. If I take then to Festus they go directly to St.louis

6. Hound

Apr 25, 2010
    I had an aggravating episode with them during my last purchase (not that seller!). The seller decided he was going to apply sales tax even though he was a private seller, shipping out of state, and the sales tax was for a state that neither of us live in (and incidentally the highest in the country). I told him there had been an error made on the invoice, and his response was that he had paid more for the item and couldn't take a loss. Ebay were no help whatsoever, apparently the sale is only legally binding if you're the buyer.

7. Hound

Apr 25, 2010
    Quote:Yes, we either have a 12 mile drive to our mailbox to meet the mail lady at 9.17am exactly, or a 20 mile drive to the nearest post office. I always figured that expense was part of my costs for doing business.

8. KCchickens

KCchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2010
    Fayette county, IL
    Wow! What a turd! I think I would buy something from him just to bug the crapola out of him! Hehehehehe:cool:

9. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    I ran into a seller who became extremely nasty when I paid for a sale with a credit card on Paypal.

Not my fault he started both auctions at 1 cent.
    Not my fault they both closed at around 20 cents.
    Shipping, by the way, was going to cost him ONE STAMP because this was a small paper item that could be slipped between two index cards in a standard sized envelope (not even a long envelope).

I got a horrid email about how he was going to LOSE money.

I told him I'd be watching for the items.

2 weeks later, nothing. Went online to do something else on Paypal & saw that he'd "refunded' the money.
    He claimed he "lost" the items so couldn't send them.

By the way, the actual value of the two items together was under a buck at best. Average trading value for those items was about 40-50 cents if sold on the open market.

Hope saving a buck or less was worth the two negative feedbacks I gave him...

10. KCchickens

KCchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2010
    Fayette county, IL
    Quote:wow, that's horrible! What is wrong with people?
    Now I'm slightly curious as to what the item was...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by