The underneath of a roman

Discussion in 'Geese' started by [email protected], Jul 3, 2010.

1. jennifer@couplandtx.org

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Coupland, TX
    Joni, or other roman owners... my teenage roman has (I think) such fluff underneath him, but only on one side close to his leg, that he walks like a pregnant woman... Is this feathers? Is the skin b/t the legs (since I can't feel through the feathers to the skin) tight or loose?? Does that make any sense? At one point, I was thinking there was swelling, but now I wonder if he is fat? :-0 Maybe just loose skin, but it's not a keel or lobe or whatever that big thing is called on some geese - yes this is my first go around... Jennifer

2. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    I do not know what it is called but my young romans have it also.

There are 2 in the background of the photo.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  3. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I was like "those aren't ROMANS!!!" Then I re-read, and looked in the background. those aren't lobes? I thought they were lobes. My Pomeranian goose has those... My chinese gander has only one.

4. jennifer@couplandtx.org

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Coupland, TX
    zazoose, looks like you got hit by the hurricane reminents also... very wet and wonderful. THX ya'll I was wondering. Where in TX? jennifer

5. jojo@rolling acres farm

[email protected] acres farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Nebraska
    Jennifer - he is totally, perfectly, normal. It is just that your "baby" is growing up.

6. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    [email protected] :

zazoose, looks like you got hit by the hurricane reminents also... very wet and wonderful. THX ya'll I was wondering. Where in TX? jennifer

Yea we got some good rain out of it and we needed much more, been under a dry spell for a while.

I am live in mauriceville/orangefeild my home is right on the line , go figure we would do such a thing by mistake [​IMG] with all the land we own. heck i got a 500 foot strip of land crossing our land somewhere that is in the city of orange way out here in the country long story but it has something to do with greed.​

7. Goosehaven

Goosehaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Yep, totally normal [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by