The United States is going to attack Assad in Syria?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bullitt, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Bullitt

Bullitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    It appears that the United States is going to attack Assad in Syria, where a civil war is raging and Assad just used chemical weapons. The attack will probably take place within days.

I understand that the international community is angry that Assad used chemical weapons. But why should it be the United States' responsibility to attack Assad? Why don't countries that are close to Syria, such as Turkey, address the issue?

I also have mixed feelings about this because those who are fighting Assad include Al-Qaeda members and other Muslim extremists.

I just think every time the United States gets into a foreign conflict it causes more anger to be directed at the United States.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  2. Mike Winters

Mike Winters Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2011
    I think the US should focus on its own infrastructure and economy and stop sticking their nose into other countries business, expecting them to take it. The middle east has been a war zone for over a 1000 years telling the people over there their actions are wrong will not change them and telling them other wise with make them angrier.

Edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013
  3. Bullitt

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    I agree that the United States government needs to focus on the domestic infrastructure and economy. Roads and bridges are deteriorating. And we need projects to put people to work.

I would like to see a high-speed rail system built all the way across the country. A 200-mile-per-hour train would be a great project. The U.S. has the worst rail system in the industrialized world.

But it seems few U.S. presidents can serve out their terms without getting into a foreign conflict. Imagine how many people could be clothed and fed with the money it takes to attack a foreign country.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  4. Teery

Teery Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2013
    Inland Empire So. Cal
    General Wesley Clark summed this up some time ago...

Currently, Russia, China, and Iran have warned the U.S. and Europe not to intervene. Now for all you people out there who strut like roosters and think the U.S. can't get its but kicked...it can...

China alone can take the U.S. out without firing one shot if it wanted to...All it has to do is dump its U.S. and European treasuries on the market and the the economic collapse that follows will be unimaginable....You see, once a a large amount of U.S. treasuries are dumped on the open market, everyone has to dump or lose their ***. The dollar becomes useless over night...U.S. dollars and U.S. treasuries go hand in hand...The biggest threat to the U.S. is not WMD...it is the national debt...

1 person likes this.
  5. Bullitt

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas

Good point. But I do not think China would do this over Syria. China may do this if the U.S. were to make them angry enough.

I do not see why the U.S. government wants to get involved in a civil war in Syria.

6. Teery

Aug 16, 2013
    Inland Empire So. Cal
    The U.S. cannot afford to continue its empire building. It also can't afford infrastructure and other create job programs. It can't afford to bail out corporate America anymore...17 trillion dollar debt is why..What people don't understand is that the larger the debt, the less the interest rates have to move to explode the debt. With a 17 trillion dollar debt, a 1% rise in ten year treasuries adds 170 billion to the interest payments annually. A 3% rise and you are talking a half a trillion annually...The national debt is a ticking time bomb...

The only thing keeping the U.S. going is the federal reserve which should scare the heck out of you..If they taper bond purchases, the interest goes up because free markets will want a higher return on investments. If they continue to print money out of thin air, the dollar will eventually become absolutely worthless. The fed is in a catch 22..

A default on the debt is coming...it is not a matter of if, it is a matter of when...and when this occurs, the government won't be able to fund anything...

1 person likes this.
  7. ClucksAndPeeps

ClucksAndPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    My answer: Because the U.S. sticks their nose into other country's business. Just sayin'.

8. Bullitt

Jan 16, 2012
    Texas
    Building infrastructure in the United States could be done for much less than is spent on the military. And creating manufacturing and jobs at home help reduce the debt.

Let's not wish for the collapse of the United States. Let's work to prevent it.

9. ClucksAndPeeps

ClucksAndPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    The government has different ideas.

10. Teery

Aug 16, 2013
    Inland Empire So. Cal
    It wouldn't be in China's best interest at the moment however, give them a couple of more years and it will be feasible. Why? they are currently importing tonnes of gold. It is estimated they are only few tonnes away from the U.S. gold reserves totals in fort Knox. Once they are equal to or greater than, it is speculated they may turn the Yuan into a fractional gold backing currency (a gold standard) This will pretty much make all fiat currencies worthless and the Yuan will become the world reserve currency. If that occurs, the U.S. will have to back its "NEW" currency with gold. The federal reserve note becomes worthless as it will hyper-inflate once it is stopped being used for international trade.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by