the Universe is enabling me...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MetalSmitten, Apr 26, 2011.

1. MetalSmitten

MetalSmitten Songster

Apr 11, 2010
    bloomington, indiana
    It's like a higher power just WANTS to give me reasons to go crazy...

I bought some eggs on Ebay about a month ago, left the seller positive feedback and also mentioned that even though only 2 of 16 hatched, it was most likely from post office damage. Then I happily filled my incubator with eggs from my mutt flock.

Two days later, I notice the seller has sent me a message offering to send new eggs since my hatch was so poor, which was awesome and very sweet of them and I couldn't say no.

But I only have ONE incubator. And it's full. And I'm a chicken-pro-lifer I guess, I just can't take out the started eggs and let the tiny baby fetus-chicks die.

So, clearly, the Universe wants me to purchase a second incubator. The Universe is my chicken Enabler. There is no way to deny this. [​IMG]

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

And that's exactly why I have SIX - count them: 6 - incubators.

3. wsdareme

wsdareme Songster

Mar 9, 2010
    Yelm, WA
    Quote:Watch out Linda -- I'm catching up with you! I now have.....................T W O ! ! ! [​IMG] [​IMG]

And the day I got the new Octagon 20, it was full of eggs and incubating away! [​IMG]

My DH thinks I should sell the Mini Advance..... Can you help me think of a good excuse to keep it? [​IMG]

4. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    What if a broody abandons eggs and your incubator is already full...

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:Or you find an auction of "6+" eggs you absolutely cannot resist?

OR you get too many eggs to fit into an Octagon20??

I really, really, like my MiniAdvance 'bators. Because they're so much smaller, they recover humidity and heat even faster than the Octagon20s. I also like the adjustable day count-down feature, with that auto-turn function which shuts off on the 18th day (or whichever you set it for) without my intervention. I wish the MiniAdvance EX units would do that!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  6. wsdareme

wsdareme Songster

Mar 9, 2010
    Yelm, WA
    Ahhhh, the Universe is speaking to me now, too! Good idea!

7. MetalSmitten

MetalSmitten Songster

Apr 11, 2010
    bloomington, indiana
    Teehee [​IMG]

8. Balbinka

Balbinka Songster

Apr 16, 2011
    California
    That is totally, utterly, and amazingly the best excuse ever come up with in the history of ever ever! [​IMG]

9. snazzyboots

snazzyboots Songster

Mar 3, 2011
    baltimore
    the universe has been enabling me too recently. maybe that is what i should tell hubby. honey it isn't my fault. the universe is doing it. really. [​IMG]

10. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Thats why I now have 1 home made brooder (just made it to brood extra eggs till an incubator opens up),2 home made incubator and a Brower Top Hatch incubator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: