1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The "Up" side of Sunday Morning

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by newbyduckmom, Feb 12, 2012.

1. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    Let the ducks out on the pond first this this morning. I sat on the bank and drank coffee watching them, listening to an eagle in the distance, and a rooster crow at the neighbors, and they spent most of their time in this position. [​IMG] Have missed my peaceful early Sunday mornings with the ducks (don't do it when it is pouring down rain or have 12 inches of snow)!

[​IMG]

2. QuackerJackFarms

QuackerJackFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    *Love*

3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Awww,
    [​IMG]

4. Mike Winters

Mike Winters Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2011
    there trying to have a toast with you drinking coffee. i think there saying bottoms up

5. QuackerJackFarms

QuackerJackFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2011
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

6. Baylor

Baylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2011
    So cute! That is the best part of my day as well! Finally all 10 of my ducks are enjoying the pond and eating all the algae away! Yippee![​IMG]

7. bakingintherain

bakingintherain Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2012
    Rochester, VT
    [​IMG] i can't wait till we build our pond!

8. newbyduckmom

newbyduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Snohomish County, WA
    Our ducks love the pond and so do I. But it's just a little too big to get them out of if they really don't want to go "in the house". For the most part they know the routine, and come out of the pond with a little encouragement and and "outta the pond" or two or twenty two. But sometimes they just won't get out of the pond. No matter how dark it gets and how frantic I get.

9. bakingintherain

bakingintherain Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2012
    Rochester, VT
    we have a large ditch that we call our stream because it always has water and new water is always running into it it is about 1 - 1 1/2 feet at the deepest part but the ducks love it and most of the time they sleep there even though they have 2 shelters to call their very own [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by