The wait contintues...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kulangi, Dec 18, 2010.

1. kulangi

kulangi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Still no eggs from my 26 weeks pullets which includes 2 Australorps, 2 New hampshire, Black sex-link, 2 buff orpingtons, and welsummer. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  2. Mrs. Feathers

Mrs. Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    It should be soon...I never thought my BA girls were going to lay. They all started between 26 and 29 weeks.
    [​IMG]
    You`ll hear the very funny egg song any day now

3. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    My thought is the BSL will start first, if not already. Check around... maybe their hiding their stash [​IMG]

4. coltssuperbowl83

coltssuperbowl83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Kingsville
    I'm the same way. My pullets should have been laying a month ago but nothing. My other hens came out of their molt and are laying great now and its really cold so i hope my pullets lay soon. Maybe they are waiting for a sunny day. I don't know. Good luck and hope they lay soon for ya.

5. kulangi

Jul 8, 2010
    I put them in their coop so they can't go out and lay their eggs outside.

6. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Quote:We are in this boat together--got a paddle? I have a barred rock pullet that should have started laying in September, maybe October at the LATEST, but still nothing!

Welcome to my world. Hehehehe. They'll lay eventually.

7. kulangi

Jul 8, 2010
    The wait continues for these pullets that are now over 28 weeks. [​IMG]

8. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    maybe the year 2011 [​IMG]
    sorry could not help it. [​IMG]

9. krazeepolack

krazeepolack Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] 26 weeks? 28 weeks? 29?? [​IMG] I guess I'm pressing my luck, here. My hen's are just over 21 weeks. I do keep picking the golf balls up off the floor daily, though. [​IMG] I spotted my one BR kicking them out yesterday. Are they trying to tell me something? [​IMG] Anything?? [​IMG] The long wait contiues. [​IMG]

10. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    They like to roll those golf balls around. maybe to find a better spot?? [​IMG] Put a lip on the nests so they wont roll the eggs out. That is WHEN they Do lay.
    You know it's gotta happen sooner or later. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by