The wait for eggs in the mail.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mommyofthreewithchicks, Dec 23, 2011.

1. mommyofthreewithchicks

mommyofthreewithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    I am figuring out I am not a patient person. I should feel this excitement for Christmas yet it is the eggs somewhere in mail land that has me super excited. They shipped right away on Monday and the tracking has not left any indication where in the world they could be after Tuesday. And the web says expected delivery for the 21 which was 2 days ago. [​IMG].

Anyone else have a hard time waiting?

2. evenstargirl

evenstargirl Out Of The Brooder

Nov 9, 2011
    Illinois
    I'm sorry! That is so frusterating! But I totally understand. When my husband asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I said "EGGS!" I ordered two batches this week, and they both got here by Thursday. I figured it would be a long wait with the chaos of shipping around the holidays!

3. foxypoproxy

foxypoproxy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Madison, CT
    Quote:I would be calling the post office and asking where they are by now (because i get impatient with things like this also [​IMG])
    They are probably fine, sometimes there are delayed flights and with christmas so close i can imagine they are dealing with lots of packages.
    But if you want to know more, i would contact the post office, just to make sure they haven't been lost amongst all the other holiday packages.
    Tracking can be a pain, sometimes it just never updates.
    They don't even call it tracking anymore, now its "delivery confirmation" [​IMG]

Good luck receiving your eggs and with your hatch!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  4. ambrosia

ambrosia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2011
    I am waiting! None too patiently might I add....

DH just put a large wrapped package with my name on it under the tree.... and I can't even get myself to go investigate because those darn eggs aren't here yet! NOT leaving the window til I see my mailman.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. mommyofthreewithchicks

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    I am going to try and wait until our mail is delivered and then call the local post office just in case.

6. mommyofthreewithchicks

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    Ahhhhh. The wait continues.... Called the post office and it is in state just looked at the tracking and it should be in MY TOWN but.... They are closed for Christmas Sunday and Monday! Grrr [​IMG]. So I am waiting...

7. mommyofthreewithchicks

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    Quote:Did they come?

8. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Yes, Ambrosia got her eggs today![​IMG]

9. ambrosia

Oct 21, 2011
    they came! I feel so bad for you though... where in Minnesota are you?

10. ambrosia

Oct 21, 2011
    Quote:Did they come?

Packaged beautifully.... in the incubator now... If you know your Post Master, they will gladly not sit on those eggs! Priority mail scares them, so I'm told [​IMG] My mail lady told me that Hot2Pot wrote so much on the box that she didn't dare put it in the back of her truck with the rest of her packages.... good thing she didn't -- I know where she lives!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by