The wait is killing me! (College rant)

swampcat

Songster
8 Years
Apr 18, 2011
Brooklyn, CT
I've been plugging away at pre-reqs and co-reqs for the nursing program at UConn. Originally I was planning on going to community college route to get my ADN, but since my kids are still little (6 and 9) I don't need to work right away, so I decided to go for my BSN. So now I have all but one general education class done and then all I have is nursing courses..... IF I even get accepted. UConn is the closest college with a BSN program. If I don't get in, I don't know what to do next. I've been checking my status every single day, and it is still "please allow a minimum of four weeks for a decision to be made"... and tomorrow makes 4 weeks. Yes, I've been checking obsessively even though I knew it wouldn't be posted yet... but here we go, into the realm of when it could be posted and now I'm freaking out. What if I'm making a bad decision? What if I hate nursing? What if what if what if...
barnie.gif

And UConn only takes about 7.6% of nursing applicants.... which is about as competitive as general admission into Yale.

So I'm on this emotional roller coaster ride of wanting to get in but also not wanting to get in because I'm scared.... can we say "neurotic"?

I can't imagine enduring this wait if I was a high schooler. Good grief! Thankfully I'm an old lady in this young and perky world of academia, so I am a bit more calm and collected than I would be otherwise.

Okay, there was obviously some good reason that you decided to go into nursing. I'm betting you wouldn't have done it if you thought you might not like it.
wink.png

Having watched my daughter wait for the acceptance notice from her first-choice college, last year, I know how nervous you must be. Good luck!
fl.gif

caf.gif

Thanks! I think there should be some sort of ranking feedback after all your documents are submitted so you can have a better idea of if you will get in. Even if it's something like "Very good chance" "It's a toss up" and "HAHAHA!! Nice try!" just so I have a general idea.

I would worry too much about hating nursing. There are soooo many fields in nursing, that really as long as you can handle dealing with sick people for a good amount of time, there is something in the field for everyone.

Thanks. I know I will do fine, it's just my perfectionism getting to me. Still waiting to hear back from UConn. It's been 5 weeks
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom