The wait is killing me!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by blueberrychickens, Feb 22, 2012.

1. blueberrychickens

blueberrychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    So day 21 is tmrw, the wait is torture!!! This is worse than waiting for Christmas morning!! No one is rocking, no peeping, no pipping!! I've checked the bator at least 12 times already this am! Kinda glad that I have to go to work this afternoon for a bit, just to get me out of the house........[​IMG]

2. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Its so frustrating [​IMG] Mine are due saturday. Put them in lockdown this morning and im checking already lol Good luck and i hope you have some babies tonight or tomorrow.

3. casslarrabee225

casslarrabee225 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Mid-Coast, Maine
    My Coop
    How exciting! I have 6 baby ducks in my incubator due to hatch March 13th and 12 under my broody female due a couple days after that! The first time I hatched I spent the whole hatch day sitting next to the incubator. I drove myself nuts! I know the feeling. Is this your first time hatching? What are you hatching? Don't forget to take pictures and post them! [​IMG]

4. blueberrychickens

blueberrychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    Yes, this is my first time hatching. I have 15 Ameraucana's in the bator....& yes I will be posting pics as soon as the little buggers come out!!!

5. casslarrabee225

casslarrabee225 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Mid-Coast, Maine
    My Coop
    Good for you! I hatch duckies, but from what heard on here people have some difficulties with Ameraucanas and getting them all the way to the hatch.
    I was so excited last year when I hatched my first time (Khaki ducks). I knew they wouldn't, but for some reason I was expecting them to hatch out all cute, fluffy, chirping and walking around...boy was I WRONG! lol. They were bald, but hairy at the same time..red, and falling over like they were drunk..lol. Atleast I know what I'm going to be seeing when mine hatch next month. LOL! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by