The wait is killing me!

Studio2770

Songster
9 Years
Apr 29, 2013
Our EE will be 21 weeks today and our cochin will be 22 weeks old today. We have 5 laying white leghorns but I can't wait for colored eggs! I check everyday for squatting but non yet! I took these yesterday to show the comb growth.

Harley

I know our cochin Gracie's comb will grow slow because of her breed.

I too am waiting for my easter egger bantams to lay.They will be 25weeks next week.
bow.gif
Oh please don't let me wait til Spring!

I too am waiting for my easter egger bantams to lay.They will be 25weeks next week.
bow.gif
Oh please don't let me wait til Spring!

Is that frost? Mine are layers are doing fine, two have stopped laying everyday. The combs on yours look quite small for 25 weeks old. Though I know nothing about bantams.

Is that frost? Mine are layers are doing fine, two have stopped laying everyday. The combs on yours look quite small for 25 weeks old. Though I know nothing about bantams.
Yup its frost. First time I've had bantams and actually they will be 24 weeks old next week, I can't count hahaha. Our days are getting shorter here sunrise 630am and sunset by 430pm so sunlight not in my favor. Hope you see eggs soon. I will keep this thread updated if I get an egg this Fall/Winter.

I have 2 EEs one of them was close to, if not over 30 weeks when she finally started laying and the other still hasn't started laying and they are around 34ish weeks.

Our EE will be 21 weeks today and our cochin will be 22 weeks old today. We have 5 laying white leghorns but I can't wait for colored eggs! I check everyday for squatting but non yet! I took these yesterday to show the comb growth.

Harley

I know our cochin Gracie's comb will grow slow because of her breed.

I have 2 EEs one of them was close to, if not over 30 weeks when she finally started laying and the other still hasn't started laying and they are around 34ish weeks.
Any eggs yet from your easter Eggers? None yet here from my bantam easter eggers. 6 months now, but it is -1F too. Still waiting
hmm.png

I have 4 EE's and they didn't lay till 33 weeks old they might have been older than that.They lay really good and I love their blue eggs!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom