The Waiting Game is Officially Over

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bcmama, Mar 6, 2013.

1. bcmama

bcmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2012
    My Coop
    Happy to report that after 34.5 weeks all six teeny tiny chicks we picked up at the feed store the beginning of July 2012 have matured into beautiful healthy pullets that have all layed. Our last hold out was an all white EE that gave us the bluest most beautiful egg I have ever seen today. So I had to share with the forum that has given me lots of advice over the last 34 weeks.

Sunshine's Egg

[​IMG]

All girls, green EE, brown BR and cream Silkies. What's even more fun is we can tell by size or color who layed what. So when we crack them to eat we know exactly who gave us that specific egg (and yes we thank them). Never thought we would enjoy them as much as we do!

[​IMG]

2. jklyles1

jklyles1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2013
    Texas
    Prettiest egg colors I've ever seen!!! And love your clear egg carton!!! My white EE is 14 weeks today...ugh...waiting waiting waiting!!!!

3. bcmama

Jul 12, 2012
    My Coop
    Thank you! I understand the waiting game :) Hopefully yours lays sooner than mine did. Hopefully with the weather warming she will. But it was worth the wait. What color is your EE?

I picked up my egg cartons at the Home Goods store. They had BPA free containers pretty inexpensive and I bought them all. LOL

4. jklyles1

jklyles1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2013
    Texas
    I have a solid white with big tuffs, and 2 brown colored. Tomorrow im getting a RIR, australorp, silver laced wyandotte, gold laced wyandotte and a buff orpington..all 5 weeks old!![​IMG]
    Here is my white EE..

5. PSJ

PSJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Sabine Parish, La
    Oh my! Those eggs are gorgeous!!! Congrats!

6. travl4me1

travl4me1 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2012
    That is one pretty rainbow of hen eggs !

7. PSJ

PSJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Sabine Parish, La
    I can't stop looking at that blue egg! Beautiful!

8. bcmama

Jul 12, 2012
    My Coop
    Your white EE looks just like my white EE Sunshine that layed the blue egg. Here's a pic,

[​IMG]

Here's a pic of my white and brown EE (and a Barred Rock in the background)

[​IMG]

Lucky you on the other new girls you are getting tomorrow. Post pics! I would love to have more but at six we are really at our max on our little urban farm. You'll have to post what color egg your white EE lays. I was wondering if all white EE's lay blue eggs??? Probably not, but it will be fun to see how many do.

9. bcmama

Jul 12, 2012
    My Coop
    Thank you!

10. bcmama

Jul 12, 2012
    My Coop
    Thanks you! I hope she lays another! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by