The Waiting Game is Officially Over

bcmama

Songster
8 Years
Jul 12, 2012
My Coop
My Coop
Happy to report that after 34.5 weeks all six teeny tiny chicks we picked up at the feed store the beginning of July 2012 have matured into beautiful healthy pullets that have all layed. Our last hold out was an all white EE that gave us the bluest most beautiful egg I have ever seen today. So I had to share with the forum that has given me lots of advice over the last 34 weeks.

Sunshine's Egg

All girls, green EE, brown BR and cream Silkies. What's even more fun is we can tell by size or color who layed what. So when we crack them to eat we know exactly who gave us that specific egg (and yes we thank them). Never thought we would enjoy them as much as we do!

Prettiest egg colors I've ever seen!!! And love your clear egg carton!!! My white EE is 14 weeks today...ugh...waiting waiting waiting!!!!

Prettiest egg colors I've ever seen!!! And love your clear egg carton!!! My white EE is 14 weeks today...ugh...waiting waiting waiting!!!!
Thank you! I understand the waiting game :) Hopefully yours lays sooner than mine did. Hopefully with the weather warming she will. But it was worth the wait. What color is your EE?

I picked up my egg cartons at the Home Goods store. They had BPA free containers pretty inexpensive and I bought them all. LOL

Thank you! I understand the waiting game :) Hopefully yours lays sooner than mine did. Hopefully with the weather warming she will. But it was worth the wait. What color is your EE?

I picked up my egg cartons at the Home Goods store. They had BPA free containers pretty inexpensive and I bought them all. LOL
I have a solid white with big tuffs, and 2 brown colored. Tomorrow im getting a RIR, australorp, silver laced wyandotte, gold laced wyandotte and a buff orpington..all 5 weeks old!!
Here is my white EE..

Happy to report that after 34.5 weeks all six teeny tiny chicks we picked up at the feed store the beginning of July 2012 have matured into beautiful healthy pullets that have all layed. Our last hold out was an all white EE that gave us the bluest most beautiful egg I have ever seen today. So I had to share with the forum that has given me lots of advice over the last 34 weeks.

Sunshine's Egg

All girls, green EE, brown BR and cream Silkies. What's even more fun is we can tell by size or color who layed what. So when we crack them to eat we know exactly who gave us that specific egg (and yes we thank them). Never thought we would enjoy them as much as we do!

Oh my! Those eggs are gorgeous!!! Congrats!

I have a solid white with big tuffs, and 2 brown colored. Tomorrow im getting a RIR, australorp, silver laced wyandotte, gold laced wyandotte and a buff orpington..all 5 weeks old!!
Here is my white EE..
Your white EE looks just like my white EE Sunshine that layed the blue egg. Here's a pic,

Here's a pic of my white and brown EE (and a Barred Rock in the background)

Lucky you on the other new girls you are getting tomorrow. Post pics! I would love to have more but at six we are really at our max on our little urban farm. You'll have to post what color egg your white EE lays. I was wondering if all white EE's lay blue eggs??? Probably not, but it will be fun to see how many do.

Back
Top Bottom